Crispy Southern Style Keto Fried Chicken Brings the Crunch!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Classic fried chicken gone keto!
Oh, how I love fried chicken for dinner, but sadly it’s typically dipped in flour making it carb-heavy… until now! This keto fried chicken delivers the delicious crispy golden-brown breading that you love combined with juicy tender meat on the inside.
Who knew fried chicken could actually be low-carb and taste this good?
Skip KFC and make this keto fried chicken at home!
If you’re looking for a flavorful, crispy, juicy chicken recipe this is going to be your go-to! This low carb recipe has been added to my top five all-time keto favorites, it’s that good! It brings the crunch that I’ve been missing thanks to the crushed pork rinds “breading” and it’s easy to throw together even on a busy weeknight.
Hip tips for making the best keto fried chicken:
- I prefer to use chicken thighs because they are high in fat and full of flavor, but feel free to use wings, breasts, or legs.
- I used beef tallow oil for frying the chicken for extra flavor but you can use any keto-friendly cooking oil that you prefer. Be sure to keep the oil under 350 degrees when cooking the chicken to keep your kitchen from smoking up.
- Don’t overcrowd the chicken in the pan and make sure you have plenty of space between the pieces. I used my large dutch oven but you can also use a cast-iron skillet if you prefer. You want to make sure the chicken can cook evenly.
- If you like spicy chicken as I do, feel free to add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the “breading” to give it a kick!
Crispy Keto Fried Chicken
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 35 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Delicious keto fried chicken made with seasoned crushed pork rinds to give you the crunch you love while keeping it juicy and low carb.
- 8 pieces chicken, (I used chicken legs & chicken thighs)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- keto-friendly oil, for frying
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pork rinds or use pork rind crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
A real crowd pleaser!
This keto fried chicken recipe is so simple to make and dare I say finger-lickin’ good? My picky boys even liked it, and my husband didn’t even know it was low carb, now I call that a win!
My team member, Jenna, gave this recipe a test for me, and here’s what she had to say:
“I have just one word for this recipe – WOW! First of all, I don’t remember the last time I made a recipe that every single member of my family devoured. And two of them came and asked for seconds so this was a huge win for me! The flavor is amazing, it smells incredible, and this chicken turned out so crispy. I’ve made quite a few fried chicken recipes before but I have to agree and say this is definitely my new favorite!”