Best Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Kick the Kraft and try our keto cauliflower mac and cheese instead!
Love homemade mac and cheese?
Try replacing traditional macaroni noodles with cauliflower for a healthy, delicious keto swap that’s sure to impress! keto cauliflower mac and cheese is so full of rich, comforting flavors, no one in the family will be asking where the elbow pasta is within the luscious cheese.
Can’t get enough cauliflower? Check out more keto cauliflower recipes here!
This grown-up mac and cheese features small pieces of cauliflower that have been pan-fried in bacon drippings. We then mix in a simple cheddar cheese sauce and top with smoked Gouda cheese. It’s SO good.
Last (but not least), we topped everything with crushed pork rinds. This is an incredibly rich and satisfying side dish that’s over-the-top delicious!
Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
This cheesy bacon & cauliflower side dish is the perfect recipe when you're craving mac and cheese!
For the cauliflower base:
- 1 head cauliflower, about 6 cups, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the cheese sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pork rinds, crushed
Hip tips for this keto cauliflower mac and cheese:
- Don’t like Gouda? Feel free to change up the type of cheese in your keto cauliflower mac and cheese. You can use all cheddar or combine fancier cheeses like Gruyere or Gouda as I did. Parmesan would be yummy as well.
- To keep it simple, I used a cast-iron skillet to cook on the stove and then placed it in the oven to bake. You can, of course, place cauliflower in a small casserole dish to bake if you don’t have an ovenproof skillet.
- You can totally use frozen cauliflower for this recipe, but you may have to add some extra time to the cooking process.
- Want to turn this into a casserole? One reader suggested cooking some ground beef with our taco seasoning and adding it to this recipe. Top it off with some smoked Gouda and pork rinds before baking, and it sounds like an amazing casserole. Thanks, Gloria!
Get ready to dig into cheesy bites of heaven!
This keto cauliflower mac and cheese is insanely delicious! Even non-keto family members will love this. My husband was super impressed and there wasn’t a crumble left after my family started eating it.
The bacon, roasted cauliflower, cheese – everything – is YUMMY. It’s an incredible, showstopping way to serve cauliflower that I hope your family will love, too!
Collin tried this delicious keto cauliflower mac and cheese, and here’s what she said:
“Ummmm, perfecto!! This is SOOOO good!! Flavorful, filling, and oh so comforting. I didn’t change a thing, and it really did turn out great. After making this, I was thinking about adding some chicken or even ground beef (maybe taco seasoned as mentioned) and throwing it in this dish for a one-pan dinner idea.
…And also for those of you who don’t think you like cauliflower, you should try it prepared like this – so YUM!!”