Make Keto Gingerbread Lattes Using Your Crock-Pot!
Do you love the famous Starbucks gingerbread latte holiday drink?
Well, this year, it’s not on the menu and unfortunately was never a keto-friendly option anyway, so here is a genius way to make a sugar-free keto gingerbread latte alternative at home using the slow cooker!
I love Crock-Pot drinks because it’s so convenient to make a large batch and keep it warm to have your family enjoy at their leisure. The result is a smooth and creamy sweet keto latte with all the warm flavors of a festive gingerbread cookie!
Just whisk ingredients together and let the slow cooker do the work
To keep this keto, I am using almond milk, Swerve brown sugar substitute, and even a little sugar-free maple syrup. This, along with all the warm and cozy spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, will make this slow cooker latte something special. Plus, your kitchen will smell amazing!
This is a sweet dessert-like coffee, so if you prefer less sweet, just dial back the sweetener a bit to taste.
Want to make an individual cup instead of a large batch?
Great news! I’ve also included the ingredients and simple directions to make a single serving for one! It’s just as easy to whisk together a small latte on the stove instead of the slow cooker.
If you love the flavors of gingerbread cookies, don’t forget to check out our yummy keto gingerbread cookie recipe that would be an awesome addition to bake and enjoy with your latte — YUM!
Tips for making the BEST keto slow cooker gingerbread lattes:
- Brewed decaf espresso can be used instead if you’re not wanting the caffeine. I highly recommend sticking with espresso here for a more authentic coffee house taste. You can brew some strong coffee in a pinch, however.
- I made some keto whipped cream by whipping heavy cream with a touch of Swerve using an electric hand mixer, then added a dollop to the top of my latte.
- If you have leftover lattes, save them in a covered container in the fridge. They’re easy to heat up again, just be sure to give the drink a whirl with a hand mixer or handheld coffee frother after reheating.
Keto Gingerbread Latte in the Crockpot
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 10 MINUTES
Here's a creamy and keto slow cooker drink with warm comforting spices that taste similar to yummy gingerbread!
For Large Crock-Pot Batch (9 servings):
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons Swerve brown, packed
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (such as ChocZero)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 cups brewed espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
- 6 cups almond milk, unsweetened
For One Individual Latte:
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Brown (or less for not as sweet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free maple syrup (such as ChocZero)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brewed espresso
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
What a yummy coffee-based treat!
I love adding a little whipped cream and extra cinnamon to the top of this Crock-Pot keto gingerbread latte. It’s like drinking warm winter flavors in a cup! My family loved this easy idea, and I think yours will too — enjoy!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say after trying this recipe:
“I love Starbucks copycats, especially making a big batch like this as it reheats so nicely the next day. I really loved this recipe! It was so simple to make and has such great gingerbread flavor. The easy whipped cream on top made it a sweet and yummy Starbucks-style treat!”