Easy Keto Eggnog That’s Better Than Store-Bought
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This easy low-carb keto eggnog will have you feeling festive!
With or without booze, this lusciously thick, made-from-scratch nog is a boss!
I honestly originally thought making homemade eggnog that’s also low-carb would be a real chore. Guess what? This easy keto eggnog recipe is anything but – and it’s better than anything I’ve had from a store!
The cooling and chilling steps take time, but the actual active process of making it is literally about 20 minutes. YAY!
You may be thinking, what the heck is eggnog anyway? It’s a drink made from a mixture of beaten eggs, cream, and flavorings, occasionally with alcohol.
Hip recipe tips for this easy low-carb keto eggnog:
- I used Califia Farms Coconut Almond Blend when making this recipe (also what the nutritional information is based on). It very well may be my all-time favorite nut milk since it has only 45 calories, 4g fat, 1g carb, 1g fiber, 1g protein, and 0g sugar per 8 oz serving. That’s 0 net carbs! Yahoo!
- Remember that you never want your yolk/milk mixture to heat over 170 degrees given that the yolks may overcook and curdle. Yuck! If this happens, you may be able to save the mixture by straining it through a sieve or cheesecloth. Play it safe and remove your mixture from the heat as soon as it reaches 165 degrees. All things considered, if you don’t already own a cooking thermometer, I’m digging this affordable digital option by ThermoPro.
- This recipe makes fairly thick eggnog, but, if you prefer a thinner consistency, you can give your cream less whip or cut your eggnog with extra nut milk per individual serving as desired.
- If you like my setup, check out the silicone whisks, Rachael Ray cookware, and KitchenAid hand mixer I used!
- Wondering what to do with those extra egg whites? Use them to make our Copycat Starbucks Keto Egg Bites.
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
This easy, low-carb keto eggnog is thick and delicious with or without alcohol!
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup erythritol, granular (or less if you don't like it sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups nut milk (I used Califia Farms, Coconut Almond Blend)
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Here are 5 fun eggnog facts that you probably didn’t know:
2) Americans are estimated to drink more than 135 million pounds of this sweet beverage each year. Dang! That’s a lot of eggnog!
3) George Washington apparently crafted his own super boozy eggnog recipe that included 1 pint of brandy, ½ pint rye whiskey, ½ pint Jamaican rum, and ¼ pint sherry. George himself shared the recipe in a publication of the Farmer’s Almanac. Not a bad way to win over some followers!
4) In 2014, Starbucks decided to remove the beloved Eggnog Latte from their menu. As a result, furious nog-lovin’ customers revolted with angry letters, nasty phone calls, and brutal social media posts. Because of the uproar, Starbucks quickly placed it back on the menu and made a public apology. (Starbucks, don’t mess with people over the holidays!)
5) December 24 is National Eggnog Day, so make sure to kick back and enjoy a glass on Christmas Eve.
Want another Christmas treat? Try this Keto Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks!