Serve Up Keto Cranberry Sauce by the Spoonful This Thanksgiving
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keto cranberry sauce is the quintessential condiment for your keto holiday feast!
There’s nothing better than keto cranberry sauce with a holiday meal!
I don’t know about you, but any holiday meal without cranberry sauce just isn’t the same.
Last year, we reached out to our Facebook Hip2Keto community and asked which holiday dish they’ve missed most since going keto. To my surprise, many of them said cranberry sauce! I’m with them, it’s one of my favorite parts of our holiday meals.
You’ve got to try out keto cranberry sauce this season!
You may be surprised to hear that cranberries are lower in carbs than you would think. Just be sure to keep your portion size in check, and you can still enjoy this delicious holiday treat.
Keto Cranberry Sauce
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 17 MINUTES
total time: 27 MINUTES
Tart cranberries with some sweetness are the quintessential sauce for your keto holiday table!
- 12 oz. bag of cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- half of a lime, squeezed for juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup Lakanto powdered sweetener (or your favorite keto confectioner)
- 2 teaspoons brown Swerve
- 1-2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
A few Hip tips when making keto cranberry sauce:
- If you like a chunkier cranberry sauce, I recommend letting your sauce simmer for about 12-13 minutes. I like mine a little smoother, so I let mine simmer for about 15-17 minutes.
- This sauce is freezer-friendly for up to one month, so make a bigger batch to use for all your holiday meals this season.
- It’s not just for turkey! You can also add this cranberry sauce to the top of a block of cream cheese and create a beautiful appetizer with keto crackers or veggies. YUM!
A holiday favorite gone keto!
I love that I can still have my holiday favorites without feeling guilty! Even the pickiest non-keto eater is sure to love this low-carb cranberry sauce.
Try it, and let me know what you think!
My Hip sidekick Jenna gave this recipe a try, and here’s what she thought:
“My absolute favorite thing on the Thanksgiving table is cranberry sauce! I put it on everything – roast turkey, keto stuffing, keto mashed potatoes, you name it. I love that you can have this and stay on track without loading up on carbs. My favorite part is just how easy it is to make, and it’s so full of flavor I felt like I was eating my old carb-filled favorite.”
Curious about what other fruits you can eat on keto? We’ve got the answers here!