Skip the Bun & Make this Keto Burger in a Bowl
Burger fans, get ready for this!
Introducing the keto burger in a bowl!
Savor the flavor and skip the bun!
My favorite thing about these keto burgers in a bowl is that the bacon is cooked inside, so it’s not sliding around while you’re eating it. Plus, it really gives the ground beef added flavor.
Tips for making the best keto burger in a bowl:
- Feel free to use any bowl, soda can, or glass to form your burger bowl. I like to use ramekins when making my burger bowls.
- Add a band of aluminum foil around your burger bowl to help it keep its shape and stay intact while cooking.
- If you love Big Macs from McDonald’s, consider whipping up a batch of our special sauce and adding it to the top.
Keto Burger in a Bowl
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Shape a burger into a bowl and bake for a low carb twist on the classic cheeseburger.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, diced
- onion, diced
- sautéed mushrooms
- sautéed onions
- no sugar added ketchup
Your burger, your way!
There’s nothing more I love than a loaded burger, so I throw in sautéed onions, mushrooms, bacon, and cheese while it’s cooking. When it’s done, I top it with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and sometimes I’ll even throw a fried egg on top! The possibilities are endless.
I think next time I’ll make a taco burger and load it with olives, taco sauce, and a scoop of guac! Now I’m really getting hungry! 😋
Make a keto burger in a bowl and let me know what you think!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say after making keto burgers in a bowl:
“Okay, I know every week I call out something as my favorite, but THIS is officially my favorite recipe of all time! Not only was it so flavorful, but it was also so FUN to make! I love that you can customize with your favorite toppings and there are so many ideas I have that I can’t wait to try. Not only was I a big fan of this recipe, but every single kid in this house also cleaned their plates and asked for it again the next night! That’s a win in my book!”