The Keto Big Mac Salad That’ll Satisfy Your Fast Food Craving
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Get your Big Mac fix without all the carbs by making a keto Big Mac salad!
The good news is that you can still have your Big Mac and eat it too – but in a keto-friendly salad form!
This tasty Keto Big Mac Salad will satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling comfortably full.
What I love most about the Keto Big Mac Salad is that everything can be easily thrown together in just a few steps. You don’t have to carefully separate and combine a zillion different ingredients for it to taste great. Cooking the ground beef and chopping onions is the most work that you’ll do for this recipe.
Once that’s done, you can mix up your Big Mac sauce and prepare the rest of the salad in no time.
You’ll be putting this special sauce on everything, trust me.
The Big Mac “special sauce” is so easy to whip up and uses minimal ingredients that you might already have including mustard, dill pickles, and mayo. You can also use whatever sauce is leftover as a dipping sauce for veggies or chicken. It’s so good on just about everything. 😋
Just thinking about a juicy Big Mac burger makes me want one and this salad version is over the top delicious! Mouth-watering special sauce, seasoned ground beef, and crunchy lettuce will make your taste buds jump for joy! Drooling over here. 🤤
Tips for making the best Keto Big Mac Salad:
- I recommend making this sauce ahead of time if you can, and then just keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy. The flavors really come together after a bit of chill time.
- This recipe is enough to feed 4-6 people but can be doubled to feed more. It also makes a great second-day meal, so don’t hesitate to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow (I did!).
- Keep in mind that we are using store-bought no-sugar-added Ketchup in this Big Mac sauce to save on time, but you could also use our homemade keto ketchup as another option. I personally loved using Primal Kitchen spicy unsweetened ketchup for added flavor and I highly recommend it!
- Minimize onion tears by using a food chopper! It’ll also save you a few minutes of prep time too. You may also want to check out all of the ways Collin minimizes onion tears on Hip2Save! 😉
Keto Big Mac Salad
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
This Big Mac Salad is so tasty, it's hard to believe it's keto! Mouthwatering flavors and minimal prep make this recipe a dinner favorite.
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon onions, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard or dijon mustard (for an added kick)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened ketchup
- 1 teaspoon granulated monk fruit
For the salad:
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chopped lettuce (iceberg, romaine, or butter lettuce are great options)
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (optional)
My entire family enjoyed this idea, even the non-keto eaters!
And while this is inspired by the Big Mac, feel free to go crazy with your favorite burger toppings to cater the recipe to your taste: tomatoes, bacon, grilled onions, jalapeños, a fried egg… the possibilities are endless!
I honestly think this salad is even more flavorful than the famous golden arches version! 🤤 Enjoy!
Heres why Hip2Save team member Jen loves this Big Mac Salad:
“I’m not a huge fan of salads, but I absolutely love this one. I was so surprised how much it tastes like a Big Mac. It’s really filling and very simple to make. I know it sounds weird that a salad tastes like a Big Mac, but this truly does and it’s a great combination.”