Easy Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Colder weather is coming, and that means hunkering down inside with all your favorite comfort foods. If you’re a fan of soups, then you are going to NEED this dreamy, creamy keto broccoli cheddar soup in your life! It’s the epitome of warm, filling comfort food, and better yet? It’s VERY easy to make.
This soup is truly SO yummy, and I loved that there are just a few simple, wholesome ingredients needed to make it. You can keep it meatless or add in bacon, ham, or shredded chicken at the end. You could even make it completely vegetarian by swapping out the chicken broth for a veggie broth instead. It’s so versatile!
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
yield: 3 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Warm, comforting, cheesy soup with florets of fresh broccoli is an easy dish to make year-round.
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
A couple tips for making this easy keto broccoli cheddar soup:
- This recipe makes enough soup for about three bowls, so if you’re feeding a large family, double or even triple the recipe for a bigger batch.
- Xantham gum is a great way to thicken low carb soups and sauces. You can skip it, but a very small amount makes the broth super-rich and creamy, and your soup will have a thicker texture.
We LOVED this cheesy keto soup!
I made this Keto Broccoli Cheddar soup for a quick lunch recently, and it had such a great flavor and texture. Your family won’t even notice that it’s keto-friendly! In fact, it reminded me a lot of Panera Bread’s broccoli cheddar soup, it’s that darn good.
This soup is in my family’s regular meal rotation, and I think you’ll want to do the same after seeing how easily it comes together. My whole entire family loved it, and it was gone in just a few minutes. Next time, I’m making a bigger batch!
Make this delicious keto taco soup in your Crockpot slow cooker or instant pot!