We’re Sharing the Best Keto Menu Options at Panera Bread – for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love Panera? Eat Keto?
Panera Bread doesn’t sound keto by name, but there are some easy ways to hack the menu to create low carb, keto-friendly orders whether you’re dining for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You total can eat keto at Panera!
The basics of successful Panera ordering:
- Stick with the salads and breadless sandwiches.
- Avoid breads, rolls, cookies, soups, and chips.
- Skip the pickled onions, which are not low-carb.
- When in doubt, leave dressings and toppings off.
- For drinks, stick with water, unsweetened iced tea, or diet sodas.
- Make sure you download the free app for promos and rewards! Get it on iPhone or Android.
Panera Bread keto breakfast options:
“I’ll have the Bacon Egg & Cheese Sandwich without the bread and a coffee.”
Ah, breakfast! Mornings are easy, thanks to these amazing sammies—just nix the bread!
Panera includes values for some breakfast items, and I hunted down the rest. With this in mind, each of the breakfasts comes in very close to the following (values are for breakfasts minus the bread):
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese: 250 calories | 19g fat | 2g carbs | 19g protein
- Steak & Egg: 400 calories | 28g fat | 1g carb | 35g protein
- Avocado, Egg White, & Spinach: 167 calories | 12g fat | 3.2g carbs | 1.2g fiber | 14g protein
- Ham, Egg, & Cheese: 240 calories | 16.5g fat | 2g carbs | 22g protein
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese: 340 calories | 28g fat | 2g carbs | 21g protein
Broken down individually, here are the breakfast a la carte items (where I didn’t have values, I used MyFitnessPal or similar macros):
- Avocado (1 portion): 45 calories | 5g fat | 2g carbs | 2g fiber | 1g protein
- Bacon (3-1/2 strips): 70 calories | 5g fat | 1g carbs | 6g protein
- Pork Sausage (1 patty): 160 calories | 14g fat | 1g carbs | 8g protein
- Ham (1 slice): 60 calories | 2.5g fat | 1g carbs | 9g protein
- Scrambled egg (1): 100 calories | 7g fat | 1g carbs | 8g protein
- Egg whites (1 portion): 35 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 7g protein
- Overeasy egg (1): 80 calories | 5g fat | 0g carbs | 7g protein
- Vermont white cheddar (1 slice): 80 calories | 7g fat | 0g carbs | 5g protein
- Beef sirloin tip steak sliced thin (1 serving): 220 calories | 14g fat | 0g carbs | 22g protein
- Tomatoes (2 wheels): 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Spinach (1 serving): 7 calories | 0g fat | 1.2g carbs | .7g fiber | 1g protein
If you need any extra burst of flavor, check out their sauces great for sandwiches no matter the time of day!
- Basil Pesto (1 serving): 30 calories | 3g fat | 0g carbs | 0g fiber | 0g protein
- Chipotle aioli (1 serving): 45 calories | 4.5g fat | 0g carbs | 0g fiber | 0g protein
Panera Bread keto lunch & dinner options:
“I’ll have the Steak and Baby Arugula Sandwich, without the bread, on a bed of lettuce.”
Because you’re skipping the bread, the pickled onions, the spread, and the mustard horseradish (to be safe), your only carbs (minus fiber, if you count net carbs) should come from the arugula, tomato slices, and spinach.
Not feeling the steak sammie? You’ve got plenty of breadless sandwich options:
- Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce.
- Bacon Turkey Bravo® Sandwich: Nix the bread (get a bed of lettuce instead) and get the signature sauce on the side (just to be safe). In fact, I’d ask for one of their breakfast sauces instead. The aioli and the pesto are 0 carbs per serving!
- Ham & Swiss Sandwich: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce.
- Steak & White Cheddar Panini: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce. Also nix those pickled onions, which are delicious, but very carby.
- Frontega Chicken Panini®: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce.
Additionally, there are plenty of salad options. To lower the carbs in the following salads, nix the items mentioned below in parentheses (like croutons and pickled onions):
- Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken (whole): Nix the pickled onions, sub in your dressing of choice.
- Caesar Salad (whole): Nix the croutons and sub in your own dressing of choice
- Caesar Salad with Chicken (whole): Nix the croutons and sub in your own dressing of choice.
- Greek Salad (whole): Perfect as is at only 7 net carbs — 390 calories | 36g fat | 11g carbs | 4g fiber | 6g protein
And what’s a salad without dressing! Here are low carb salad dressing options to order on the side and drizzle at your leisure:
- Asian Sesame Vinaigrette (3 Tbsp): 90 calories | 8g fat | 4g carbs | 0g protein
- Caesar (3 Tbsp): 170 calories | 18g fat | 2g carbs | 1g protein
- Chili Lime Rojo Ranch (3 Tbsp): 80 calories | 6g fat | 3g carbs | 2g protein
- Greek (3 Tbsp): 230 calories | 25g fat | 1g carbs | 1g protein
As you can see, with a little due diligence on Panera’s nutritional facts, you can enjoy keto on the go wherever your adventures take you! Enjoy your next Panera Bread visit!