What Should I Order at Panera? Keto Dining Guide
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Panera offers a pretty standard PDF nutrition and dining guide, which means you’ll need to put in a little added effort to figure out their menu nutritional info. That’s why we’re here to help you out – so you know what to order. The best thing about Panera? You can nix the bread, which gives you some easy options for ordering – as long as you’re careful.
The basics of successful Panera ordering:
- Stick with the salads and breadless sandwiches.
- Avoid breads, rolls, cookies, soups, and chips.
- Skip the pickled onions, which are not low-carb.
- When in doubt, leave dressings and toppings out.
- For drinks, stick with water, unsweetened iced tea, or Diet Pepsi products.
- Download the free app: iPhone or Android.
Here’s how to order keto at Panera:
“I’ll have the Bacon Egg & Cheese Sandwich (No Bread) + coffee.”
Ah, breakfast! Mornings are easy, thanks to these amazing sammies! Just nix the bread!
Panera includes values for some breakfast items, and I hunted down the rest. With this in mind, each of the breakfasts comes in very close to the following (values are for breakfasts minus the bread):
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese: 250 calories | 19g fat | 2g carbs | 19g protein
- Steak & Egg: 400 calories | 28g fat | 1g carb | 35g protein
- Avocado, Egg White, & Spinach: 167 calories | 12g fat | 3.2g carbs | 1.2g fiber | 14g protein
- Ham, Egg, & Cheese: 240 calories | 16.5g fat | 2g carbs | 22g protein
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese: 340 calories | 28g fat | 2g carbs | 21g protein
Broken down individually, here are the breakfast items (where I didn’t have values, I used MyFitnessPal or similar macros):
- Avocado (1 portion): 45 calories | 5g fat | 2g carbs | 2g fiber | 1g protein
- Bacon (3-1/2 strips): 70 calories | 5g fat | 1g carbs | 6g protein
- Pork Sausage (1 patty): 160 calories | 14g fat | 1g carbs | 8g protein
- Ham (1 slice): 60 calories | 2.5g fat | 1g carbs | 9g protein
- Scrambled egg (1): 100 calories | 7g fat | 1g carbs | 8g protein
- Egg whites (1 portion): 35 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 7g protein
- Overeasy egg (1): 80 calories | 5g fat | 0g carbs | 7g protein
- Vermont white cheddar (1 slice): 80 calories | 7g fat | 0g carbs | 5g protein
- Beef sirloin tip steak sliced thin (1 serving): 220 calories | 14g fat | 0g carbs | 22g protein
- Tomatoes (2 wheels): 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Spinach (1 serving): 7 calories | 0g fat | 1.2g carbs | .7g fiber | 1g protein
I think these sauces look SUPER exciting. In fact, I’ll be asking for these the next time I’m in, whether it’s for breakfast or for a different meal of the day.
- Basil Pesto (1 serving): 30 calories | 3g fat | 0g carbs | 0g fiber | 0g protein
- Chipotle aioli (1 serving): 45 calories | 4.5g fat | 0g carbs | 0g fiber | 0g protein
Lunch & Dinner
“I’ll have the Steak and Baby Arugula Sandwich (No Bread) on a bed of lettuce.”
Because you’re skipping the bread, the pickled onions, the spread, and the mustard horseradish (to be safe), your only carbs (minus fiber, if you count net carbs) should come from the arugula, tomato slices, and spinach.
Not feeling the steak sammie? You’ve got plenty of breadless sandwich options:
- Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce.
- Bacon Turkey Bravo® Sandwich: Nix the bread (get a bed of lettuce instead) and get the signature sauce on the side (just to be safe). In fact, I’d ask for one of their breakfast sauces instead. The aioli and the pesto are 0 carbs per serving!
- Ham & Swiss Sandwich: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce.
- Steak & White Cheddar Panini: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce. Also nix those pickled onions, which are delicious, but very carby.
- Frontega Chicken Panini®: Nix the bread and ask for your sandwich on a bed of lettuce.
Main Course Salads
You’ve got plenty of salad options. To lower the carbs in the following salads, nix the items mentioned below in parentheses (like croutons and pickled onions):
- Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken (whole): Nix the pickled onions, sub in your dressing of choice.
- Caesar Salad (whole): Nix the croutons and sub in your own dressing of choice
- Caesar Salad with Chicken (whole): Nix the croutons and sub in your own dressing of choice.
- Greek Salad (whole) (perfect as is at only 7 net carbs): 390 calories | 36g fat | 11g carbs | 4g fiber | 6g protein
- Asian Sesame Vinaigrette (3 Tbsp): 90 calories | 8g fat | 4g carbs | 0g protein
- Caesar (3 Tbsp): 170 calories | 18g fat | 2g carbs | 1g protein
- Chili Lime Rojo Ranch (3 Tbsp): 80 calories | 6g fat | 3g carbs | 2g protein
- Greek (3 Tbsp): 230 calories | 25g fat | 1g carbs | 1g protein
As you can see, with a little due diligence, you can enjoy lunch wherever your adventures take you! Enjoy your next Panera visit!