Easy Keto Caprese Salad with Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle
This classic Caprese salad is kicked up with a delicious keto blackberry balsamic drizzle!
This quick and fresh Caprese salad recipe has summer all over it!
I love summertime food! Why? Because fresh and bright ingredients often take center stage. Plus, many sunny-season recipes are fast and easy to prepare.
This simple keto Caprese salad recipe with blackberry balsamic drizzle is no exception. It’s gorgeous with vibrant red tomatoes paired with soft mozzarella cheese and julienned basil leaves. And not only is the Caprese salad presentation beautiful, it sure is tasty, too!
This easy-to-make blackberry balsamic has no added sugar!
Traditional balsamic glaze is loaded with sugar. In fact, many brands have up to 10g of carbs per tablespoon… Yikes! Because a balsamic drizzle is a welcome addition to a Caprese salad, I set out to make a keto-friendly version. This deliciously sweet and perfectly tart blackberry balsamic recipe has only 1 carb per tablespoon! 🙌
Hip tips for making this keto blackberry balsamic Caprese salad recipe:
- To julienne fresh basil, simply stack the leaves together like sheets of paper. Then gently roll up the stack into a loose cigar shape. Using a very sharp knife, slice across the roll to make thin strips.
- Choosing perfectly ripe tomatoes can be tricky. Juicier tomatoes are denser, while unripe tomatoes feel a bit light. You can also test a tomato by smelling near the stem. Ripe tomatoes should have a strong and slightly sweet, earthy odor.
Keto Caprese Salad with Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
This classic Caprese salad is kicked up a keto-notch with a delicious blackberry balsamic drizzle!
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes (or 3 large Roma tomatoes)
- 8 oz. ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, julienned into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon high-quality extra virgin olive oil (more if desired)
- sea salt flakes to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle:
- 1/3 cup blackberries (about 10 berries)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or more or less to taste)
- pinch xanthan gum, *optional for thickening (use only if you want to create a thick glaze)
This fruity Caprese salad recipe is a summertime favorite!
Shaking up the traditional Caprese salad with fresh and fruity blackberries in the glaze gives this easy side dish a sweet twist. Blackberries, and berries in general, are keto-approved fruits so you won’t need to worry about a significant sugar spike after enjoying this refreshing salad. Enjoy!
For another bright & sunny dish, try this yummy kale salad recipe!