Easy Caprese Salad with Keto Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This classic Caprese salad recipe is kicked up with a delicious keto blackberry balsamic drizzle!
This quick and fresh Caprese salad recipe has summer written all over it!
I love summertime food! Why? Because fresh and bright ingredients often take center stage. Plus, many sunny-season recipes are fast and easy to prepare.
Can’t get enough salads in the summertime? There are plenty more keto salad recipes right here!
This simple keto Caprese salad recipe with blackberry balsamic drizzle is no exception. It’s gorgeous with vibrant red tomatoes paired with soft mozzarella cheese and julienned basil leaves. And not only is the Caprese salad presentation beautiful, it sure is tasty, too!
This easy-to-make blackberry balsamic has no added sugar!
Traditional balsamic glaze is loaded with sugar. In fact, many brands have up to 10g of carbs per tablespoon… Yikes! Because a balsamic drizzle is a welcome addition to a Caprese salad, I set out to make a keto-friendly version.
This simple blackberry glaze is sweetened with just a little monk fruit, and really steps things up from a traditional glaze!
Hip tips for making this keto blackberry balsamic Caprese salad recipe:
- If you don’t have a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, you can try a creative household substitute. In fact, pantyhose and coffee filters have worked well for many peeps in a pinch!
- To julienne fresh basil, simply stack the leaves together like sheets of paper. Then gently roll up the stack into a loose cigar shape. Using a very sharp knife, slice across the roll to make thin strips.
- Choosing perfectly ripe tomatoes can be tricky. Juicier tomatoes are denser, while unripe tomatoes feel a bit light. You can also test a tomato by smelling near the stem. Ripe tomatoes should have a strong and slightly sweet, earthy odor.
Caprese Salad with Keto Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
This classic Caprese salad is kicked up a keto-notch with a delicious blackberry balsamic drizzle!
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes (or 3 large Roma tomatoes)
- 8 oz. ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, julienned into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon high-quality extra virgin olive oil (more if desired)
- sea salt flakes to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle:
- 1/3 cup blackberries (about 10 berries)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener (or more or less to taste)
This fruity Caprese salad recipe is a summertime favorite!
Shaking up the traditional Caprese salad with fresh and fruity blackberries in the glaze gives this easy side dish a sweet twist. Blackberries, and berries in general, are low in sugar and keto-friendly so you won’t need to worry about a significant sugar spike after enjoying this refreshing salad. Enjoy!
For another bright & sunny dish, try this yummy kale salad recipe!