Keto Italian Meatball Soup with Zucchini Noodles
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love hearty & comforting keto soups?
I definitely do, especially when I need some legit comfort food. Make this AMAZING keto Italian meatball soup recipe with freshly spiralized zucchini noodles swimming around in a tasty tomato broth.
This whole soup is like a warm keto-friendly hug bursting with flavor!
Simple ingredients & easy process
The basic idea of this recipe is to first roll and bake some quick meatballs in the oven, and then add those to an easy & delicious stovetop soup. I use basic pantry staples like beef broth and diced tomatoes to make things simple. While I sauteed fresh veggies like mushrooms, onion, and celery for this soup, those can be altered or omitted to taste.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- If you don’t currently have a veggie spiralizer, I love this OXO Good Grips tabletop spiralizer, as it’s super easy to set up and to use for zucchini noodles! Also, simply dicing up the zucchini will work, too – it’s just not as fun of a presentation. 😆
- We have a Hip2Keto team member who makes this soup a lot for her family, but instead of forming meatballs, she simply cooks the ground beef mixture on the stove in a skillet with the veggies, as a shortcut.
- You may need to add more beef broth at the end (or the next day), so consider buying extra when shopping for your ingredients.
- This soup is great topped with some mozzarella cheese and/or parmesan cheese – or go with Pecorino Romano (Collin’s fave)! Yum!
Keto Italian Meatball Soup
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 50 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
Flavorful meatballs in a delicious tomato broth featuring zucchini noodles.
For the Meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 cups beef broth
Keto Italian meatball soup perfection!
What a satisfying soup idea that makes a yummy low-carb meal. I once made this soup for 17 people on a Hip2Save team retreat, so I doubled to make sure it could feed everyone—and it worked out perfectly!
It’s also important to note that keto and non-keto eaters alike LOVED this soup, too! I paired it with a simple kale salad, and this dinner was a definite crowd pleaser and all-around winner.
Try this simple Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup next!