Best Classic Keto Brownies Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’ve been looking for a solid, tried-and-true keto brownies recipe, this is it.
Make this keto brownies recipe your new go-to for those chocolate cravings. 🍫
You know we love our keto desserts around here, and this one is oh so tasty! It took me several attempts to come up with the perfect keto brownie recipe and I couldn’t be happier with the results. We don’t need to settle for tasteless brownies!
This recipe covers all the classic brownie basics. It’s super rich, extra chocolatey, and has the perfect fudgy texture. Let me introduce you to your new best brownie friend!
So much chocolatey goodness!
There are a few tricks I learned along the way when it comes to making keto brownies. The most important thing is not to overcook them, which is hard! I have a difficult time knowing when brownies are done because you can’t really tell when they start to brown.
That’s why I’m calling it out there that these only need 15 to 20 minutes to bake, so you won’t want to step away from the oven for too long.
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
These brownies are deliciously rich and loaded with chocolate flavor while still being low-carb.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup keto chocolate chips (milk or dark)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup keto brown sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but encouraged)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Tips for making the best keto brownies recipe:
- As mentioned above, do not overbake these brownies! The toothpick rule doesn’t really apply. You actually want to have some crumbs on the toothpick. Start checking them around 15 minutes and do not bake them longer than 20 minutes. Trust me!
- Parchment paper works best to keep brownies from sticking.
- Take the eggs out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you plan to start making these brownies so they come to room temperature.
- Let the chocolate butter mixture cool for a few minutes before adding it to your eggs. Otherwise, it will cook your eggs!
- Make sure you don’t overmix the batter. I whipped the keto sweetener and eggs together with an electric mixer and then used a spatula to mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- I highly recommend adding the espresso powder to enhance the chocolate flavor. Instant coffee works too. If you don’t like coffee, don’t worry, you can’t taste it.
- Brownies need to cool before you cut into them. If you cut them too soon, you’ll get dry brownies.
The keto dessert of your dreams!
Brownies are just the best. With this classic keto brownie recipe, you can eat them plain or top them with keto ice cream. You could even add nuts or berries to the batter. Consider going a step further and add chocolate chips for more chocolatey goodness.
All that amazingness without the guilt of all the carbs, keto brownies perfection right here!
Here’s what my teammate Lina had to say after making these keto brownies:
“Oh my goodness, if you love soft, fudge-like chocolate brownies, these are AMAZING!! I love that they are not super dense, yet lighter and so rich. Plus, this is an easy-to-follow idea. This is a must-make keto dessert! Brownies are LIFE.”