Ever wonder what to order at the Chick?
The tricky part about Chick-fil-A’s nutritional information is that it’s not customizable by individual ingredients. For this keto dining guide, to fill in some of the macros missing from the menu, I did my best to locate and calculate some of the food items in MyFitnessPal.
The basics tenets of successful Chick-fil-A ordering:
- Avoid buns, biscuits, breading, and french fries.
- When in doubt, leave condiments out.
- For drinks, stick with water, black coffee, unsweetened iced tea, or Diet Coke products.
- If the menu says “sugar-free”, check the nutrition guide or a nutrition app anyway.
- Download Chick-fil-A’s free app for amazing deals: iPhone or Android
Here’s how to get your keto order on at the Chick:
“Sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit, hold the bread. And a black coffee.”
Want real, fresh eggs? Sausage? Cheese? Similar to the McDonald’s Egg McMuffin, you get a hearty, hot breakfast for just a few carbs. The plain, black coffee is your safest caffeinated bet here.
Meal TOTAL: 384 calories | 29g fat | 2g carbs | 19g protein
- Sausage Patty: 190 calories | 18g fat | 0g carbs | 9g protein
- Bacon, 1 slice: 30 calories | 2g fat | 0g carbs | 2g protein
- Folded Egg: 90 calories | 6g fat | 0g carbs | 6g protein
- American cheese, slice: 104 calories | 5g fat | 2g carbs | 4g protein
- Coffee, plain, black: 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
“I’ll have the Grilled Chicken Nuggets, please.”
Ever wonder which part of the chicken is the nugget? 🤔 Well, these little bits of finger food heaven look like grilled chicken breast with a special blend of seasonings (which must account for the minimal carbs). Pair these with one of Chick’s 1g carb sauces (below)!
- 4 pc Grilled Chicken Nuggets: 70 calories | 2g fat | 1g carbs | 13g protein
- 8 pc Grilled Chicken Nuggets: 140 calories | 3g fat | 3g carbs | 23g protein
- 12 pc Grilled Chicken Nuggets: 210 calories | 5g fat | 6g carbs | 38g protein
- Garlic & Herb Ranch Sauce: 140 calories | 14g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Zesty Buffalo Sauce: 50 calories | 4.5g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
Hip Tip: Do unbreaded nuggets make you sad? Lina’s kids LOVE these easy keto breaded chicken nuggets!
“I’ll have the grilled chicken breast, please. No bun or sauce.”
You just can’t go wrong with any of these flavorful options. Did your friendly server forget to deliver your order minus the bun and other carby bits? Eh. It happens. Just toss the carbs to the side.
- Grilled Chicken Breast: 110 calories | 3g fat | 2g carbs | 19g protein
- Grilled Chicken Breast Deluxe: 180 calories | 10g fat | 3g carbs | 26g protein
- Grilled Chicken Club: 337 calories | 22g fat | 7g carbs | 34g protein
“Instead of French fries, can I get a side salad, please, no dressing.”
While you’re at it, when you get that side salad, pluck off any bits of carrot and/or tomatoes that you don’t want. Carrots add a surprisingly lot of carbs (I’d rather spend those on dressing).
- Side salad: 160 calories | 0g fat | 3g net carbs | 0g protein
- Shredded carrots (1 ounce): 10 calories | 11g fat | 8g net carbs | 6g protein
- Grape tomatoes (3): 9 calories | 0g fat | 2g net carbs | 0g protein
And speaking of dressing, Chick-fil-A does a pretty wonderful job with lower-carb alternatives. My favorite is the Garlic & Herb Ranch!
- Creamy Salsa Dressing: 290 calories | 31g fat | 3g carbs | 0g protein
- Light Italian Dressing: 25 calories | 1.5g fat | 3g carbs | 0g protein
- Garlic & Herb Ranch Dressing: 280 calories | 29g fat | 2g carbs | 1g protein
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing: 310 calories | 32g fat | 3g carbs | 1g protein
As you can see, with a little due diligence, you can enjoy lunch wherever your adventures take you! Enjoy!