What Should I Order at Olive Garden? Keto Dining Guide
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you thought you couldn’t dine at Olive Garden, surprise!
While the restaurant offers a fairly basic nutrition and dining guide, it helps to have a little keto help from someone who’s been where you are when you’re wondering what to order.
The basic tenets of successful Olive Garden ordering:
- Avoid bread, pasta, croutons, breading, breadsticks, soups, and desserts.
- When in doubt, leave condiments or sauces out.
- For drinks, stick with water, unsweetened iced tea, or Diet Coke products.
- Refer to the nutrition guide.
- Download the free app for locations, menus, and to order: iPhone or Android
Here’s how to order keto at this more-than-pasta place:
Lunch & Dinner
“I’ll have the Chicken Margherita, please, with unbreaded zucchini.”*
When all else fails, it’s hard to go wrong with a chicken breast, some cheese, and basil pesto. Note the lunch portion is slightly smaller (and less expensive) than the dinner size. A tip? DON’T rely on the menu solely. Compare the nutritional guide to the menu to stay within your keto macros.
*A warning on the Parmesan breading: Reader Erika S. generously alerted us that Olive Garden adds breadcrumbs to the grilled zucchini Parmesan breading, so skip the Parmesan breading.
- Chicken Margherita (Lunch): 370 calories | 22g fat | 8g carbs | 2g Fiber | 37g protein
- Chicken Margherita (Dinner): 590 calories | 32g fat | 9g carbs | 3g Fiber | 69g protein
Other entrees include:
- Herb-Grilled Salmon: 460 calories | 28g fat | 8g carbs | 4g Fiber | 43g protein
- *Chicken Piccata (Lunch – pictured): 350 calories | 21g fat | 11g carbs | 2g Fiber | 33g protein
- *Chicken Piccata (Dinner): 500 calories | 24g fat | 12g carbs | 3g Fiber | 61g protein
- *Salmon Piccata: 590 calories | 40g fat | 12g carbs | 2g Fiber | 45g protein
* I’d nix the piccata sauce on these and go for the alfredo or gorgonzola sauce (below) to save carbs.
- Alfredo: 330 calories | 42g fat | 4g carbs | 0g Fiber | 6g protein
- Gorgonzola: 170 calories | 17g fat | 4g carbs | 2g Fiber | 1g protein
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini: 90 calories | 7g fat | 5g carbs | 1g Fiber | 4g protein
- Steamed Broccoli: 35 calories | 0g fat | 7g carbs | 4g Fiber | 4g protein
- Side Salad, no dressing: 20 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 3g fiber | 1g protein
Salads and Dressings
“Can I get a salad, please, no dressing.”
Pictured above is the dinner salad without the croutons. Note the Italian dressing adds two carbohydrates, so ask for that on the side.
- Famous House Salad without croutons: 110 calories | 8g fat | 7g carbs | 2g fiber | 2g protein
There are two dressings. Each have only two carbs, and it’s nice to know you have options if you have a creamy versus zesty flavor preference.
- Italian Dressing: 80 calories | 8g fat | 2g carbs | 0g protein
- Creamy Ranch: 210 calories | 21g fat | 2g carbs | 1g protein
As you can see, with a little due diligence, you can enjoy lunch wherever your adventures take you! Enjoy!