El Pollo Loco Keto Dining Guide – Here’s What To Order!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love the crazy chicken?🍗
Out and about and craving some keto fast food? El Pollo Loco has delicious food and offers a pretty helpful nutrition guide. You can even take a look at their menu and click the items you’d like to add or remove from each entree and it will adjust the carb count, calories, and other nutritional info. I sure wish every restaurant had that option!
One of the great things about El Pollo Loco, other than their yummy food, is that you can hack the menu and still have several great options that are keto-friendly!
Here are the best keto menu items available at El Pollo Loco…
1. El Pollo Loco Keto Taco
“I’ll have the Keto Taco, please!”
- Nutrition: 260 calories | 17g Fat | 14g Total Carbs | 9g Fiber | 3g Sugar | 19g Protein | 5g net carbs
This delicious keto taco includes chopped chicken, pico de gallo salsa, avocado, shredded lettuce, creamy cilantro dressing, and jack cheese – all inside a high fiber/low carb flour tortilla.
While this item would be considered dirty keto by some, it is keto certified.
3. El Pollo Loco Keto Burrito
“I’ll have the Keto Burrito, please!”
- Nutrition: 440 Calories | 28g Fat | 31g Total Carbs | 21g Fiber | 3g Sugar | 35g Protein | 10g Net Carbs
The self-proclaimed world’s first keto burrito includes chopped chicken, red cabbage, cotija cheese, creamy cilantro dressing, organic spinach, avocado slices, and pico de gallo salsa – all inside a high fiber/low carb flour tortilla.
3. El Pollo Loco Double Chicken Avocado Salad
“I’ll have the Double Chicken Avocado Salad please, without the corn.”
- Nutrition: 330 Calories | 15g Fat | 39g protein | 12g total carbs | 5g Fiber | 3g Sugar | 39g Protein | 7g Net Carbs
The Double Chicken Avocado Salad includes pico de gallo salsa, avocado slices, cilantro, cotija cheese, chopped chicken breast, and sour cream. You can swap out the chicken for shrimp, but it will add one additional net carb.
The creamy cilantro dressing adds an additional 2 carbs, but we didn’t think it was necessary as the sour cream added enough to the flavor without having to use the dressing.
Be sure and ask for NO corn in order to keep it keto-friendly!
4. El Pollo Loco 2-Piece Chicken Meal
“I’ll have the 2-Piece Chicken Meal, with a breast and a thigh, broccoli, and no tortillas, please.”
- Nutrition: Chicken Breast w/ skin | 220 Calories | 9g Fat | 0g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 36g Protein | 0g Net Carbs
- Nutrition: Chicken Thigh w/ skin | 210 Calories | 15g Fat | 0g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 21g protein | 0g Net Carbs
- Nutrition: Chicken Wing w/ skin | 90 Calories | 5g Fat | 0g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 12g protein | 0g Net Carbs
- Nutrition: Chicken Leg w/ skin | 80 Calories | 4g Fat | 0g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 12g Protein | 0g Net Carbs
- Nutrition: Broccoli (small) | 30 calories | 0g Fat | 6g Total Carbs | 2g Fiber | 0g Sugar | 12g Protein | 4g Net Carbs
You simply can’t go wrong with El Pollo Loco’s famous chicken meals. Mix and match breasts, wings, thighs, or legs and choose broccoli as your side for a truly keto-rific meal! If you want to keep your fat count higher, opt for the thighs and breasts as they have the highest fat count.
5. El Pollo Loco Chicken Nachos
“I’ll have the Chicken Nachos please, with no tortilla chips, no pinto beans, and add lettuce.”
- Nutrition: 180 calories | 15g Fat | 6g Total Carbs | 2g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 5g Protein | 4g Net Carbs
Keep your nachos low carb by opting for lettuce instead of chips! I’ve ordered nachos this way at various restaurants and let me tell you, it’s still a yummy meal even without the chips. Just use a fork and dig in!
5. El Pollo Loco Baja Shrimp Tostada Salad
“I’ll have the Baja Shrimp Tostada Salad please, with no pinto beans, no rice, extra lettuce, and in a bowl (no shell).”
- Nutrition: 240 calories | 18g fat | 6g total carbs | 1g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 14g Protein | 5g Net Carbs
If you’re craving shrimp you’ll want to try the yummy Baja Shrimp Tostada Salad! Be sure to skip the high carb beans, rice, and shell for an easy low carb lunch. If you really want to kick it keto then ask for avocado or guacamole, which will add in delicious and oh so healthy fat!
As you can see, living the keto life has never been easier on the go!
More and more restaurants are hopping on the bandwagon and are offering more menu options that will allow you to enjoy delicious food while keeping your carb count low!
Check out these other keto restaurant tips & tricks!