Classic Keto Wedge Salad
So simple, yet so delicious!
The wedge salad is a favorite of mine, but oftentimes it can pack on the carbs when croutons are added or if the dressing has hidden sugar.
We’re taking this salad back to the basics today to show you just how easy it can be to make a delicious, nutritious, and refreshing keto wedge salad topped with only the best add-ons. This makes such a yummy and filling lunch or weeknight dinner idea.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- This keto wedge salad is a perfect meal prep idea. Just chop all of the ingredients ahead of time and store in the fridge to assemble later for easy lunches or dinners.
- What’s the best way to cook the bacon? Check out this study we did on the best way to cook bacon!
- We used the most common ingredients in a wedge salad to keep things simple, but try adding hard-boiled eggs and/or avocado cubes. These are both yummy options to up your protein and fat. The toppings are truly up to you!
Keto Wedge Salad
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Keep things low carb with a thick wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with veggies, cheese, bacon, and creamy dressing.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- keto-friendly ranch dressing (I used 3 tablespoons per wedge)
- pinch of pepper (optional)
It’s like a B.L.T. but without the bread!
The crumbled bacon mixed with the fresh red onions and bleu cheese crumbles takes me back to the fresh meals I usually enjoy on summer days. This is a salad I could eat every week and never get tired of it!
Customize this keto wedge salad to your tastes and you’ll be hooked on this simple and refreshing meal idea.
Take your salad to the next level with our keto pizza salad!