Here’s How to Make Walking Tacos Keto By Using Quest Chips
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Check out this yummy keto dinner idea for Taco Tuesday!
Walking Tacos are such a fun game day or even party idea. It’s a brilliant way to feed a crowd, and cleanup is a total breeze!
For those of you who aren’t exactly sure what a walking taco is, it’s basically a taco without the mess! Instead of using a taco shell, you use a single-serve bag of tortilla chips (or Quest chips if you’re keto) and add all the normal taco fixings to the bag. Then you just grab a fork and literally eat your walking taco right out of the chip bag! Smart, right?!
Now, even all of us keto eaters can enjoy walking tacos again! I am using Quest Tortilla Style Protein Chips for this recipe because I’ve found that they are actually a really good substitute for high-carb chips! I was surprised that even the kiddos grabbed the Quest bag of chips and completely passed up the Doritos bag. Mom win!
I chose the Quest chili lime variety, which was my personal favorite since I love a punch of heat. My boys said the Quest Loaded Taco flavor tasted just like a Taco Bell taco!
Hip Tips for making walking keto tacos:
- Use this simple, keto-friendly homemade taco seasoning recipe to season your meat for that delicious flavor of tacos. It’s delicious, cost-effective, and so much healthier than the pre-packaged version you buy at the store.
- I’m keeping it simple and using ground beef, but you can totally do this same idea with shredded chicken or ground turkey.
- If you have leftovers, you can throw your taco meat and toppings into one of these meal prep containers and add your Quest Chips when it’s time to eat for an easy lunch idea!
Keto Walking Tacos with Quest Chips
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Finally, tacos with a "clean chip" that have a savory taste with a crunch that we have been longing for!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- Quest chips ( Pick your flavor)
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning (or more to taste)
Taco Bar Toppings:
- shredded lettuce
- diced avocado
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced tomato
- sour cream