Pollo A La Crema is a Rich And Creamy One Pot Keto Dish
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto Pollo a la crema recipe is the ultimate Mexican keto dish!
This keto Pollo a la crema will have you rethinking your typical order at Mexican restaurants.
Did you know that Pollo a la crema is naturally a keto dish? I typically go for fajitas at Mexican restaurants to stick with my keto diet, but this recipe made me change my mind. So now I’ll just stay home, save some money, and make it myself!
In any case, I now have another Mexican dish to add to my list of favorite keto Mexican recipes.
This recipe is surprisingly easy to make.
To make this keto Pollo a la crema, you’ll need poblano peppers, an onion, garlic, chicken breasts, seasonings, and the star ingredient – Crema Mexicana.
Crema Mexicana is Mexican sour cream. It’s a little thinner than regular sour cream with a milder flavor that is less sour tasting to me. I usually find Crema Mexicana near the refrigerated salsa and Mexican cheeses, like cotija and queso.
If you can’t find Crema Mexicana, you can use regular sour cream instead.
Tips for making the most delicious keto Pollo a la crema:
- The roasted poblano peppers really make this dish so don’t skip that step! You can start cooking the chicken and sautéing the onions and garlic while you roasted the poblanos.
- I like keeping the chicken breast whole in this recipe but you could also dice the chicken into 1-inch cubes or cut the chicken into strips.
- Feel free to add in other veggies. Button mushrooms or red bell peppers would be a delicious addition to this recipe. This dish pairs great with cauliflower rice, too!
- Don’t be too concerned about the carb count for this recipe. The carbs are from the Crema Mexicana, onion, garlic, and poblano peppers. There is enough fat and protein in this meal that it’s not going to kick you out of ketosis.
Mexican Pollo A La Crema
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Pan-seared chicken sautéd with onions, garlic, roasted poblanos, and then simmered to perfection with Crema Mexicana.
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. jar of Crema Mexicana (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 - 10 oz. bags cauliflower rice, optional
Quick and flavorful dinner!
Your whole family will love this keto Pollo a la crema. It comes together in about 30 minutes too, which makes it even better! Leftovers reheat great as well and make for a very impressive lunch the next day.
I hope you love this meal as much as I do, and that you found a new favorite keto Mexican dish!
Here’s what my Hip sidekick Jenna had to say about this keto Pollo a la crema:
“This dish blew my mind. I often make a roasted poblano and corn chowder, so I knew I’d just love the flavors in this recipe. And I can’t believe how easy it was to make that sauce (I want it on everything)! This was a delicious and filling one-pot recipe that was easy to throw together. The slight kick from the roasted peppers and the creamy flavorful sauce make this dish a new favorite!”
Check out this easy keto chicken fajita casserole next!