Keto Zucchini Bread w/ Lemon Zest
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This bright and flavorful lemon keto zucchini bread will leave you wondering if it’s truly low carb.
Miss homemade zucchini bread? Not anymore! 🙌
I’ve got a wonderful keto zucchini bread recipe bursting with citrusy lemon zest you’re gonna wanna try ASAP!
In this recipe, we’re swapping out the flour for grain-free almond flour, and sugar for keto-friendly sweeteners including Swerve granular and Swerve confectioners. They are the closest thing to real sugar I have tasted and work great in this recipe to give you a flavorful keto bread!
Lemon zucchini perfection!
Both the bright flavor of lemon and the added texture and moisture of zucchini are delicious and make a yummy combo! This is a yummy cake-like treat that the entire family will love, and won’t even guess it’s keto-friendly unless you tell them (our lips are sealed)!
I love that the process is very simple: mixing up dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then combining them with the lemon zest and zucchini.
Keto Zucchini Bread
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Bright and flavorful zucchini bread with lemon zest you'd never guess is keto!
For the bread:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Swerve granular
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and drained (before measuring)
For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Don’t be alarmed by the high total carb count!
Fiber and erythritol (the main ingredient in Swerve) do not affect blood sugar in the same way that regular carbs do, so we subtracted them from the total carb count. You’ll see that the net carbs are much lower once you remove the sugar alcohol and fiber.
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making lemon keto zucchini bread:
- Grate the zucchini and then press it against the strainer to get some of the water out.
- Put grated zucchini in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth, squeeze gently over a sink to release the extra moisture, and pat dry. This is an important step that can’t be missed!
- Keto bread can sometimes stick badly in pans, so I first covered my loaf pan with parchment paper. It worked perfectly, and I definitely recommend it.
- When baking, cover the loaf with foil about 45 minutes in to prevent the top from burning. Monitor this and add more time if necessary.
- Be sure to let cool slightly before pouring the glaze over the top. You can also freeze this loaf.
Slice it up and ENJOY!
This keto lemon zucchini bread ROCKS and the lemon glaze throws it over the top! You won’t regret taking the time to bake this keto family-friendly treat.
What a great way to use fresh zucchini, especially this time of year if you happen to have any in your garden.
My Hip Sidekick Jenna tried this keto lemon zucchini bread, and here’s what she had to say about it:
“I could tell this was going to be so good just because of how delicious the batter smelled while being mixed up and then baking. This recipe was easy to follow. I highly recommend trying it warm with a bit of butter – so good! I had some zucchini left from the garden and this was the most perfect way to use it up. Everyone enjoyed this!”
Can’t get enough lemon? Try our keto lemon pound cake next!