Super Soft Keto Sugar Cookies with Icing
You can still bake keto cookies during the holidays! 🎄
Iced sugar cookies are back on the list to make this Christmas. The tradition of decorating cookies around the table for hours is still going strong in my family thanks to this keto sugar cookies recipe! They taste just like grandma’s sugar cookies, with that buttery almond flavor and smooth, sweet icing – but without all of the sugar and carbs!
Say hello to the best keto sugar cookies around! 👋 They are soft and delicious.
- If you don’t have a smooth surface to roll out your cookie dough, you can simply place the cookie dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- When rolling out the dough, make sure to add coconut flour to prevent any sticking on the rolling pin or your fave Christmas cookie cutters.
- Do NOT transfer cookies from the cookie sheet right after they are removed from the oven. You will actually want to let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or plate.
- Keep in mind that these keto cookies do brown more than typical sugar cookies, but they’ll still remain really soft due to the high-fat content.
- Did you know you can use a tiny bit of food coloring to color granular to make your own sprinkles! Also, you can now buy sprinkles that are keto-approved.
Keto Sugar Cookies
yield: 24 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
cook time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 23 MINUTES
It's time to start holiday baking, and these low-carb and super soft sugar cookies don't disappoint!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve granular or your fave alternative sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
Keto Confectioner Icing:
- 6 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- food coloring (optional)
These sugar cookies were so simple and easy to make.
Now we can all continue the fun Christmas cookie decorating tradition with these keto-approved sugar cookies!
Looking for another keto cookies recipe to make this holiday season? You’ve got to try these Keto Gingerbread Cookies!