Super Soft Keto Sugar Cookies with Rich Cream Cheese Frosting
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Santa will love these soft keto sugar cookies!
You can still bake keto cookies during the holidays! 🎄
Frosted sugar cookies are back on the list to make this Christmas. The tradition of decorating cookies around the table for hours is still going strong in my family thanks to this soft keto sugar cookies recipe.
They taste just like grandma’s sugar cookies, with that sweet, buttery flavor and rich, creamy frosting – but without all of the sugar and carbs!
Say hello to the best soft keto sugar cookies around! 👋
These soft keto sugar cookies are pretty easy to make. Be warned that the dough is fairly soft so don’t skip out on chilling it before rolling and baking. I tested out several versions of this recipe and a few different types of keto sweeteners to get it just perfect.
My preference is keto confectioners sweetener for baking. To me, it tastes the most like real sugar and has the least amount of an aftertaste. You can use a granular keto sweetener though, and that still works just fine. I even tried a keto brown sugar sweetener and that created a great flavor too!
Keto Sugar Cookies
yield: 28 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
cook time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 23 MINUTES
Soft keto sugar cookies made with almond flour, coconut flour, and a keto-approved sweetener.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup keto confectioners sweetener
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (or almond extract)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional (will make for a softer cookie)
Tips for making the best soft keto sugar cookies:
- It’s very important that you chill this dough before rolling it out. It’s a soft dough and chilling it definitely makes it easier to work with when rolling it out and using cookie cutters.
- If you don’t have a smooth surface to roll out your cookie dough, you can simply place the cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper before rolling.
- When rolling out the dough, make sure to sprinkle coconut flour on the countertop and dough to prevent any sticking to the rolling pin or your favorite Christmas cookie cutters.
- Leave the soft keto sugar cookies on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes after baking and before transferring them to a rack to finish cooling. The cookies are very soft when right out of the oven.
- Don’t want to use cookie cutters? You can make this recipe even easier by rolling the dough into a log before chilling and then slicing it into 1/4-inch rounds to create circle-shaped cookies.
- I used lemon extract in these soft keto sugar cookies because that’s what’s in my family’s traditional sugar cookie recipe. Almond extract is a little more traditional, so feel free to use either one. I don’t recommend using both though!
These sugar cookies are so simple and easy to make.
Now we can all continue the fun Christmas cookie decorating tradition with these keto-approved sugar cookies! I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as I do!
Looking for another keto cookie recipe to make this holiday season? You’ve got to try these Keto Gingerbread Cookies!