Easy Keto Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Need a hearty and healthy keto meal?
You all have to try these cheesy sausage stuffed mushrooms! This is such an easy keto dinner idea to add to your weekly meal rotation. A portobello mushroom cap gets stuffed with a flavorful marinara sausage filling, and then topped with cheese, for a melted gooey meaty mushroom. It’s super filling and satisfying too, which is awesome!
- Pick a low in carb marinara sauce. Rao’s marinara sauce worked great in the recipe. We did a taste test of keto-friendly pasta sauces and Rao’s won!
- Make sure to scrape the gills from the inside of the mushroom caps first. I used a serrated grapefruit spoon and it worked perfectly.
Keto Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Portobello mushrooms get stuffed with sausage, veggies, and two types of shredded cheeses, for a melted delicious meal!
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup marinara (such as Rao's)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded parmesan cheese
These stuffed portobellos are delish!
These are so good, and would appeal to people who are keto and those who are not. For instance, my husband LOVED this recipe and is quick to tell me if keto meals aren’t good- LOL. I also love that these mushrooms are an easy meal to put together any night of the week.