Soothe a Cold With Our Keto Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Copycat
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Find out how to make a keto version of medicine ball tea!
Have a cold and need some relief? We have a keto drink for that!
Starbucks has a trendy hot drink called Medicine Ball Tea that actually started as a secret menu item and became so popular they added it to the regular menu as their Honey Citrus Mint Tea. It has hot tea, lemonade, and honey… but as expected, with the mention of honey and sweetened lemonade, it’s unfortunately not keto at all.
The good news, you can create a similar tasting version at home that is keto-friendly and also super easy to make!
The key to this special drink is the delicious tea flavor combination of peppermint and peach. The actual Starbucks version is made using Teavana Jade Citrus Mint and Teavana Peach Tranquility (if you want to be very specific).
In my local grocery store, it was easiest to pick up Tazo Zen blend, and Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion, so that’s what I’m using here and I’m happy to report it’s very similar tasting! I would pick any of these brands and go with it.
Hip recipe tips for making keto Medicine Ball Tea:
- To make things super easy, I always brew hot water from my Keurig coffee machine to save myself the step of having to boil water. You could always boil a kettle of water or steep your Medicine Ball drink in a saucepan on the stove if preferred.
- I felt like 6 drops of liquid stevia was sweet enough for me, but as always that can be adjusted to taste. Also if you’d like to use a different keto sweetener, that’s fine too. Visit our sweetener guide for the best keto sweeteners.
- One of my favorite kitchen tools is this Zulay lemon and lime squeezer! It’s perfect for small juicing jobs that call for fresh citrus juice, like this recipe.
Copycat Keto Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Warm up with this popular peach and mint hot tea drink from Starbucks, but in a keto-friendly homemade version.
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 peach tea bag
- 1 mint tea bag
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- lemon garnish, optional
Cold and flu season calls for Medicine Ball tea!
The mint, lemon, and peach tea is a cozy combination and I don’t even miss the honey. This drink will warm your soul… and better yet, you don’t even have to leave your house to get it!