Soothe a Cold With Our Comforting Keto Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Keto earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Sail through cold season with our Starbucks inspired medicine ball recipe! It’s the perfect keto copycat!
Have a cold and need some relief? We have a keto drink for that!
Starbucks has a trendy hot drink called Medicine Ball Tea that started as a secret menu item. It became so popular they added it to the regular menu as their Honey Citrus Mint Tea. It has hot tea, lemonade, and honey. As expected, with the mention of honey and sweetened lemonade, it’s unfortunately not keto at all.
The good news is you can create a similar tasting version at home that is keto-friendly and also super easy to make! Just use our simple instructions to whip up your own keto medicine ball Starbucks copycat tea!
Can you order a Starbucks medicine ball recipe without lemonade?
Technically, yes! On the Starbucks app, customize a honey citrus mint tea. From there, make sure you put “no lemonade” and “no honey blend”. For sweeteners, opt for two (or however many you prefer) packets of Stevia in the Raw. After your tea comes out, ask the barista for two packets of lemon juice, and add it to your beverage!
All that said, it may not taste exactly the same, which is why you may be better off giving our recipe a try.
Introducing our keto medicine ball Starbucks-inspired tea recipe!
The key to this special drink is the delicious tea flavor combination of peppermint and peach. The actual Starbucks version is made using Teavana Jade Citrus Mint and Teavana Peach Tranquility (if you want to get very specific), but finding these teas in-stock or at a regular price is nearly impossible.
In my local grocery store, it was easiest to pick up the Tazo Zen blend (also available on Amazon) and Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion. Therefore, that’s what I’m using here. I’m happy to report it’s very similar tasting! I would pick any of these brands and go with it.
Keto Starbucks Inspired Medicine Ball Tea
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Warm up with this popular peach and mint hot tea drink from Starbucks, but in a keto-friendly homemade version.
- 1 1/2 cups near boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 peach tea bag
- 1 mint tea bag
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- lemon garnish, optional
Hip recipe tips for how to make keto medicine ball tea:
- To make things super easy, I always brew hot water from my Keurig coffee machine. This saves me the step of having to boil water. You could always boil a kettle of water or steep your Medicine Ball drink in a saucepan on the stove.
- I felt like 6 drops of liquid stevia was sweet enough for me. However, as always, that can be adjusted to taste. If you’d like to use a different keto sweetener, that’s fine, too. Visit our sweetener guide for the best keto sweeteners.
- Give some keto honey a try in place of the stevia. Start with a small squeeze, and add more to taste.
- One of my favorite kitchen tools is this Zulay lemon and lime squeezer! It’s perfect for small juicing jobs that call for fresh citrus juice, like this recipe.
Cold and flu season calls for our copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball tea!
The mint, lemon, and peach tea is a cozy combination and I don’t even miss the sugary honey. This drink will warm your soul… and better yet, you don’t even have to leave your house to get it!
Keep your beverages low carb! Here are the best keto Starbucks drinks to enjoy!