Keto Mexican Queso Dip—Cheese Lover’s Paradise!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
I could eat this low-carb cheese dip on pretty much anything!
Dippity-dip-dip, who needs a chip! Seriously, you really don’t need chips to rock this keto queso. It’s SUPER yummy on raw veggies and pork rinds – or to boost your protein intake, dunk little smokies sausages or fajita-style chicken and steak into this cheesy deliciousness!
If you are craving chips with your queso, we recommend Quest Tortilla Style Protein Chips!
This yummy keto queso is super easy to make!
Talk about an entertainer’s dream dip—Whip up a batch of this melty Mexican cheese dip in less than 15 minutes. What’s more, it’s insanely fabulous served at room temperature! Unlike many queso dips that must be served warm, this killer queso stays creamy and dippable without the need for heat. Double win!
Keto Mexican Queso Dip
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Warm, zesty, and melty dip—welcome to cheese lover's paradise!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and at room temperature
- 2 cups freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz. block)
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, or your preferred cheddar (8 oz. block)
- 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 4 oz. can chopped green chiles (mild), drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste (I use Tapatio)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Be sure to shred the cheese at home. Pre-shredded cheese includes anti-caking agents that may affect how well it melts and incorporates into the cream sauce.
- Easily drain the canned tomatoes (and green chiles) using my favorite method. Open the can completely, then take the lid portion that’s been removed & put it back inside the can so that it sits on top of the tomatoes. Press the lid down onto the tomatoes and flip the can upside down. Continue pressing the lid against the tomatoes until all the liquid has drained out.
- Add a few shakes of cayenne pepper or an extra splash of hot sauce to turn up the heat on your keto queso. 🌶️
- If you LOVE spicy, swap the Monterey Jack cheese with Pepper Jack instead!
For another easy crowd-pleaser, try our keto spinach dip!