Here’s How to Make the Best Keto Margarita
Summer is here and there’s nothing better than a refreshing cocktail that you can enjoy at the end of a long day or while you’re lounging by the pool. Make this yummy zero carb keto margarita at home and you won’t have to worry about a bartender adding in sugary syrup that’s loaded with carbs! YES! 🙌
This classic recipe is so delicious and easy to make, you’ll want to sip on one all summer long. You can, of course, experiment with your favorite flavors, but we found this simple and refreshing lime margarita to be our go-to recipe to mix up whenever the thirst strikes.
Watch my video to see how simple these keto margaritas are to make –
Recipe tips for making the perfect keto Margarita:
- Salt around the rim really makes this drink a home run, but kick it up a notch with ZAS chili lime flavor (or use your fave chili lime salt). It pairs perfectly with the margarita for a delicious kick.
- Let’s talk simple syrup. It is super easy to make it keto but you just have to remember to use a powdered monk fruit and/or erythritol sweetener and not granular. The powdered dissolves so easily so you get no residue from the sugar in the syrup.
- Speaking of the syrup, the sweetness is up to you! Our recipe uses 1 oz. for a lightly sweetened cocktail, though you can add an additional shot or two to up the sweetness. Note this will change the nutritional content of the recipe.
- If you like spicy drinks, try adding 2 thin slices of jalapeños to your drink before shaking. You’ll get all the refreshing lime flavor and then BAM! some heat from the jalapeño.
- Prefer a frozen margarita? Just throw your mix into the blender with plenty of ice.
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 3 MINUTES
total time: 3 MINUTES
Kick back and relax with a cool and refreshing keto-friendly margarita in a classic lime flavor, slightly sweetened with monk fruit simple syrup.
My team member, Jenna, gave this recipe a test for me (as pictured above) and here’s what she had to say:
“Who would have thought that you could just make a few changes to a regular margarita and make it keto! My favorite part of any margarita is the rim of salt so I love that it’s included in this recipe, it makes it so authentic.
I love how easy the simple syrup was to make low carb. The monk fruit powdered sweetener easily dissolved in water, which is so much simpler than dissolving sugar using a boiling method like a traditional margarita. I chose to use pink grapefruit as my flavor for the sparkling water and it was delicious!” – Jenna