The Best Keto Lemon Zucchini Bread
Miss homemade zucchini bread? Not anymore! 🙌
I’ve got a wonderful keto lemon zucchini bread recipe you’re gonna wanna try ASAP!
In this recipe, we’re swapping out the flour for grain-free almond flour, and sugar for keto-friendly sweeteners including Swerve granular and Swerve confectioners. They are the closest thing to real sugar I have tasted and work great in this recipe to give you a flavorful keto bread!
Lemon zucchini perfection!
Both the bright flavor of lemon and the added texture and moisture of zucchini are delicious and make a yummy combo! This is a delicious cake-like treat that the entire family will love and won’t even guess it’s keto-friendly unless you tell them (our lips are sealed)!
I love that the process is very simple, made by mixing up dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, and then combining them with the lemon zest and zucchini.
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making keto lemon zucchini bread:
- Grate the zucchini and then press it against the strainer to get some of the water out.
- Put grated zucchini in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth, squeeze gently over a sink to release the extra moisture, and pat dry. This is an important step that can’t be missed.
- Be sure to Spoon and level out the almond flour will help you ensure the correct amount. Sometimes I find scooping the flour into the mix can add a bit more than needed, which can affect the loaf.
- Keto bread can sometimes stick badly in pans, so I first covered my loaf pan with parchment paper. It worked perfectly, and I definitely recommend it!
- When baking, cover the loaf with foil about 45 minutes in to prevent the top from burning. Monitor this and add more time if necessary.
- Be sure to let cool slightly before pouring the glaze over the top.
Keto Lemon Zucchini Loaf
yield: 12 SERVINGS
Bright and flavorful zucchini bread you'd never guess is keto!
For the Loaf:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Swerve granular
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and drained (before measuring)
For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Slice it up and ENJOY!
This Keto Lemon Zucchini Bread ROCKS, and the lemon glaze throws it over the top! You won’t regret taking the time to bake this keto family-friendly treat.
What a great way to use fresh zucchini, especially this time of year if you happen to have any in your garden.
My Hip Sidekick Jenna tried this, and here’s what she had to say about it:
“I could tell this was going to be so good just because of how delicious the batter smelled while being mixed up and then baking! This recipe was easy to follow! I highly recommend trying it warm with a bit spread of grass-fed butter – so good! I had some zucchini left from the garden and this was the most perfect way to use it up! Everyone enjoyed this!”