Keto Cream Cheese Brownies – 1000% Better Than Non-Keto Brownies!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto cream cheese brownie recipe takes the classic dessert over the top!
Could there be a better dessert combo out there?
If I had to pick only one of the best keto desserts that I could have forever, it might be these brownies, especially with the cream cheese swirl. I love homemade cookies and brownies, to the point of obsession, so I might be a little biased. But there’s no other way to say it other than these hard-to-believe-they’re-keto brownies are absolutely incredible!
How to make keto cream cheese brownies:
To create the amazing flavor combination of cream cheese brownies, you’ll make two key components: the chocolately brownie batter with espresso powder and the rich cream cheese swirl. After pouring the brownie batter into the baking pan, you swirl in the cream cheese mixture to create an eye-catching design on the top of the brownies. This also ensures each square has an even mix of brownie and cream cheese.
It’s an added step from the traditional recipe, but these aren’t your every day brownies, so the extra effort making multiple components is well worth it.
And after you take your first bite, you’ll be saying with a mouthful, “yes, Emily, you were soooo right!” 😂
Tips on how to make the best keto cream cheese brownies:
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper. I used two pieces of parchment paper going in opposite directions and let the edges of the parchment paper overhang create “handles” to make it very easy to remove the brownies from the pan.
- If you don’t have a 9×9-inch pan, you can bake them in an 8×8-inch pan. Just bake for an additional 4 minutes or so.
- The brownie batter is very thick, which makes for incredible brownies but it does make it a little difficult to swirl the brownie batter with the cream cheese mixture. Don’t worry though, you only need to slightly swirl them together and it doesn’t have to be perfect for it to taste amazing.
- In the brownie batter, the espresso powder is optional but highly recommended. It adds an incredible depth of flavor to the chocolate.
Keto Cream Cheese Brownies
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Rich keto brownie batter swirled with a rich cream cheese mixture for the ultimate dessert combo.
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup keto milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup keto confectioners sweetener
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but highly encouraged)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 block), softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons keto confectioner sweetener
I told you these weren’t your average brownies. 🤩
Not only is the cream cheese swirl an added bonus, but the espresso combined with cocoa powder and Swerve mask the cooling effects sometimes associated with keto treats. This was a total win, and likely one of the key factors of why a batch of these brownies didn’t stand a chance making it more than a couple of days in my house.
Here’s what my Hip sidekick Jen had to say about these keto cream cheese brownies:
“I can say 1000% that I like these better than non-keto brownies! They are so yummy! The brownie is rich & chocolatey. The cream cheese sweetness brings it all together into one amazing dessert. They take a few extra steps, but it’s worth it. With a recipe like this, I can fulfill my sweet cravings and still eat low carb. These are dangerously good!”
Check out our Classic Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!