This Decadent Four-Layer Keto Coconut Cake is Amazing!
Over-the-top decadent four-layer keto coconut cake topped with toasted coconut flakes.
Who doesn’t love coconut cake? Especially a keto coconut cake!
Say hello to this show-stopping decadent keto coconut cake! This cake is loaded with over-the-top coconut flavor and so flavorful and rich, you’ll go cocoNUTS for it. We put coconut in the cake, in the filling, in the frosting, and topped it with toasted coconut! Does it get any better than that?
This cake is our keto version of the popular Hip2Save Easy Coconut Cake. One of our readers actually requested it, and we love our readers so much, we’re happy to oblige. 🤗
Your whole house will smell like coconut! 🥥
This keto coconut cake is the type of cake you make for special occasions as it’s just as showstopping as it is delicious. The yellow cake is a modified version of our keto birthday cake recipe and the frosting is a keto-fied version of the one we use in our Hip2Save Easy Coconut Cake.
The nice thing about this cake is that the flavor gets better the longer you let it sit as the cake layers absorb the filling. The filling is simply sour cream, unsweetened shredded coconut, and keto confectioners sweetener, with some reserved to mix into whipped cream for the frosting. YUM!
Tips for making the best keto coconut cake:
- You could use a keto yellow cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch. Just note that using a keto box cake mix will change the nutrition information.
- The cake batter is very thick, so make sure you use a spatula to evenly spread it around in the cake pans.
- To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, we recommend lining your cake pans with parchment paper and then greasing and “flouring” them with coconut flour.
- Be careful when cutting the cake rounds in half as the cake is fairly crumbly.
- Plan enough time to let the cake sit for at least four hours before serving. Even better, let it sit overnight!
Keto Coconut Cake
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Four-layer keto coconut cake with a creamy filling, whipped frosting, and topped with toasted coconut flakes.
For the cake::
- 3 cups almond flour, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup keto brown sweetener
- 3/4 cup butter, salted, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the filling and frosting:
- 2 cups full-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups keto confectioners sweetener
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup toasted coconut flakes (optional for garnish)
You need this keto coconut cake in your life!
We mean it when we say this 4-layer cake will impress with so much coconut flavor, you’ll feel like you’re in the tropics. It’s a cake for coconut lovers’, keto and non-keto alike. 😋
My Hip sidekick Jenna made this cake and here’s what she had to say:
“This cake turned out so beautifully! Those layers make it look so impressive and that filling is definitely my favorite part. It’s full of flavor and the toasted coconut takes it up a notch. I shared it with a few friends who are gluten-free, and they raved about it and immediately asked for the recipe!”
Check out our keto carrot cake recipe for your next baking adventure!