Easy & Flavorful Keto Chicken Marinade Recipe – Time to Fire Up the Grill!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto chicken marinade is big on flavor yet so easy to make!
The weather is warming up and it’s time to get your grill on!
Seriously… everything tastes so much better when it’s grilled, doesn’t it?! This easy, bright & flavorful keto chicken marinade for drumsticks is full of lemon garlic flavors and will be your family’s new favorite grilling recipe.
Better yet, it’s so versatile! I’ve used this marinade in all kinds of keto chicken recipes using breasts, wings, and more!
The result is a tender juicy piece of chicken with perfectly charred flavor skin on the outside from the grill. The lemon, garlic, and oregano really give it lots of delicious bright flavors when marinated for at least 30 minutes.
My kids have always loved eating drumsticks, and I especially enjoy that they are affordable and make a great meal.
Hip tips for making the best keto chicken marinade:
- For a southwestern variation of this marinade, try subbing lime juice for the lemon juice and fresh cilantro for the oregano.
- Be sure to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes. We have marinated our chicken drumsticks for 24 hours and they end up being very tender and flavorful! It’s definitely worth taking the time to marinate them.
- You’ll know your chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Investing in a digital meat thermometer is a great idea, especially for grilling season!
Easy Chicken Marinade
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
This lemon garlic drumsticks marinade recipe is perfect for grilling season, but you can also use your air fryer!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 chicken drumsticks, raw
Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
Pour marinade into a large Ziploc bag and add the chicken drumsticks.
Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
Heat the grill to about 350-400 degrees. Place chicken on grill to cook.
Grill the chicken until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees. This should take drumsticks about 25-30 minutes. You'll want to turn them a couple of times while grilling to ensure even cooking.
Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
Amount Per Serving: 398 Calories | 28.0g Fat | 3.5g Total Carbs | 1.1g Fiber | 32.4g Protein | 2.4g Net Carbs
My family really enjoys this keto chicken marinade recipe!
You’ll love the bright citrus flavor with garlic and oregano. Make these a full meal by serving with veggies, keto broccoli salad, and/or creamy & crunchy keto coleslaw. Yum!
I love that it’s such a simple recipe and SO easy to change up for preferred tastes. And even if you forget to pull the chicken out of the marinade right away, that’s okay. The longer it steeps, the more vibrant the flavors. Enjoy!
Check out our one-skillet chicken fajitas as another easy keto chicken recipe idea!
This was the best marinade. The chicken was so tender, flavorful, and fragrant. The house had a wonderful aroma afterward. This is definitely a make again and again keeper. Thank you.
I love hearing this! Thanks so much for letting us know, Mary!