This Sweet & Savory Keto Broccoli Bacon Salad is the BEST!
Keto broccoli bacon salad is the ultimate side dish for your outdoor BBQ!
I have made the classic full-carb version for many years for family functions and parties, as it’s so delicious and easy to make! Well, I’m happy to proclaim that the keto broccoli salad is just as delicious and only requires one ingredient swap to make it keto — yay!
If you’re looking for a picnic-perfect low carb recipe to make this summer, this is it!
This keto broccoli bacon salad has a sweet mayonnaise-based dressing, which is the perfect pairing to the savory bacon and onion. YUM! It’s basically my favorite go-to salad recipe that my family loves, and I think yours will, too!
Are you a visual learner? Check out my video below to see me in action making this keto broccoli bacon salad –
Here are a few recipe tips when making keto broccoli bacon salad:
- Instead of sugar, I’m opting for a keto-friendly sweetener. I used Lakanto monk fruit and loved the result as there was no after-taste at all. In fact, no one would guess this is keto unless you told them!
- This salad tastes best when first chilled in the fridge. You can even make it a day ahead and have it ready for the next day, as it gets even more delicious when the flavors marinate together.
- You’ll want to cook your bacon before starting this recipe. I love using thicker cuts from the butcher department of the grocery store — the bacon adds so much yummy salty flavor! 🥓
Keto Broccoli Bacon Salad
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
A crunchy salad featuring broccoli with a sweetened dressing, savory bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, onion, and topped off with sunflower seeds.
For the dressing:
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- pinch of salt & pepper
For the salad:
- 6 cups of chopped broccoli florets (around 18 oz.)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Keto broccoli bacon salad rocks!
I love the crispy crunch from the broccoli and bacon with that yummy sweetened tangy dressing. The addition of the sunflower seeds takes this recipe to another level of YUM!
It’s a definite winning recipe in my home, and even a little addictive as I could literally eat this all the time. Enjoy!