No-Fail Keto Baked Salmon with Cilantro Pesto
Could you use a fresh new way to serve salmon for dinner?
Consider baking salmon in the oven with a quick homemade cilantro pesto bursting with lime and cilantro flavors, but also has parmesan cheese and pine nuts like traditional pesto. Once baked, the pesto caramelizes over the fish, for a flavorful keto salmon dish!
If you love eating salmon at restaurants, yet have been intimidated to cook it at home, never fear! A flaky piece of baked keto salmon is simple to pull off any night of the week with just 10 minutes in the oven. After coating the fish with the flavorful pesto sauce, it cooks up quickly in the oven without having to give too much attention to the cooking process!
Plus, salmon is a great fish for keto with 0 carbs and lots of healthy fats, along with nutrients like B12 and Vitamin D3.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Not a cilantro fan? You can always substitute in basil or parsley as other herb options.
- I’m using pine nuts here, but you can use another nut like pecans or almonds.
- This sauce is pretty versatile, as the cilantro pesto mix would be delicious baked over chicken or steak, too!
Baked Keto Salmon with Cilantro Pesto
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Whip up this brightly flavored cilantro pesto and then bake it over a piece of flaky salmon for an outstanding keto dinner all will love!
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/4 cups cilantro, packed
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- juice from 1 lime
- 4- 5 oz. pieces of fresh salmon
- pinch of salt and pepper for each piece of fish
This fish was flaky and had so much bright & fresh flavor!
My family absolutely loved this recipe and I was excited my kids did too. It was such a simple dish to prepare and I added a side of steamed broccoli to go along with it. I think a side of cauliflower rice would be yummy too — enjoy!