Keto Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf is the Meal Your Dinner Table Has Been Missing
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This hearty dish will be a new dinner time favorite!
Meatloaf is such an easy comfort food, anyone can make it! Our keto meatloaf recipe results in a hearty dish full of rich flavors mixed into the ground beef, all topped off with slices of bacon… because everything is better with bacon! 🥓
Keto or not, this bacon-wrapped meatloaf recipe is an easy, keto-friendly dinner the whole family will love.
On colder days, I always loved having meatloaf and mashed potatoes as the perfect comfort food. To make this dish keto, I made some slight modifications to the meat mixture, and usually plate it over some delicious cauliflower mashed “potatoes”. So yummy!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Halfway through cooking, I would suggest draining some of the grease. This will help from too much excess grease soaking into the meatloaf and affecting the texture.
- You will want to use higher-fat ground beef for our keto meatloaf, as leaner grinds can leave your loaf dry. If you want to use lean meat, you can add some bacon into your meat mix to incorporate some flavorful fats.
- When I cooked up this recipe, I used some sugar-free ketchup that I make weekly, but you can purchase some at the store if you prefer.
- Wanting a sweeter meatloaf? Try substituting ketchup for BBQ sauce and sugar-free maple syrup!
Keto Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 60 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
If you're craving comfort food, make this hearty and flavorful meatloaf all will love.
- 2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- 1/3 cup white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients, besides the bacon, and mix together. Mixing with your hands is easiest for this!
Shape ground beef into a loaf and place loaf in a 9"x13" dish.
Place bacon slices over meatloaf. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, checking halfway through to drain if there is excess grease.
Take out of the oven, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Yield: 8 slices, Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: 382 Calories | 21g Fat | 4g Total Carbs | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar Alcohol | 35g Protein | 4g Net Carbs
Needing a perfect side dish to go with this hearty keto meatloaf? Try these easy cauliflower mashed “potatoes”!
If you froze this, would you recommend cooking first and then freezing, or freezing then cooking?
Hi Lydia! You could freeze it uncooked up to 6 months. When you want to prepare it you can leave it in the fridge to defrost & then cook as usual. Or you can cook it first and cut it into portions then freeze the individual servings. Hope this helps♥
Have you tried this recipe with red onion? White has more sugar contents..
This was great!!!! Thanks for the recipe.
Hi Lydia! Thank you for the awesome feedback! Glad you loved it♥
I want to try this recipe but don’t like pork rinds. Could I use hemp hearts instead? Thanks!
Hi there! You could give it a try, however it will change up the texture as the pork rinds help soak up the grease. Let us know how it turns out for you!