Best Keto Jerk Chicken Marinade (Flavorful & Sugar-Free!)
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Spice, spice baby!
There’s nothing I love more than a keto dinner with a kick to it. Today I’m sharing with you an easy low-carb jerk chicken marinade recipe that your entire family will enjoy! This chicken is perfect for a busy weekday meal or for a gathering on the weekend.
This Caribbean style low carb dinner is packed with so much flavor that it will knock your socks off. I love being able to indulge in my favorite comfort foods without all of the added carbs and this recipe truly delivers!
Tips for making the best keto jerk chicken marinade:
- I found that grilling this chicken over a medium-heat fire and turning occasionally for 30-40 minutes was the perfect way to cook this dish.
- Serve this chicken with cauliflower rice and lime wedges for a complete keto-friendly dinner idea.
- Jerk chicken recipes are already close to being keto-friendly, but to lower the carb-count even further, I switched out the sugar for Brown Swerve and used Coconut Aminos.
- The marinade can be made up to 3 days beforehand to have it available when you’re ready to add the chicken. I also like to start marinating chicken before work so it’s ready to cook by dinnertime, giving it closer to 8 hours to really absorb the flavors.
- If you are using the oven for this recipe, I like pouring the marinade into the pan so you have extra sauce to serve, but this is optional. If you are grilling the chicken, discard the extra marinade in the bag.
Keto Jerk Chicken Marinade
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 4 HOURS
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 4 HOURS 35 MINUTES
This keto-friendly jerk chicken marinade recipe is a flavor explosion of sweet spices with bright lime juice.
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, fresh or paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Brown Swerve
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 lime wedges
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 4 lime wedges
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Winner, winner chicken dinner!🏆
This flavorful chicken recipe is one of my new favorites and I’ve added it into my meal planning rotation.
My family loves spicy foods just like I do and everyone enjoyed this dinner. It’s an easy way to kick up the flavor of your traditional chicken dinner!
My team member, Jenna, gave this jerk chicken marinade recipe a test for me, and here’s what she had to say:
“Not only does this smell amazing while cooking, but it also tastes even better! I am a huge fan of jerk chicken but often it tends to be so spicy, this marinade has the perfect kick of flavor without going overboard. I ate mine over cauliflower rice for a truly delicious low carb dinner.”