Bake Conversation Heart Keto Sugar Cookies
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re into keto baking, here’s a fun dessert to create for Valentine’s Day! ❤️
Consider baking your keto-loving Valentine some cute conversation heart keto sugar cookies using low-carb ingredients! This sugar-filled holiday is normally focused on treats that are off-limits, but not today!
You’ll be able to indulge in these tried and true cut-out sugar cookies using heart-shaped cookie cutters to make them fit for the holiday! Outside of just how adorable these cookies are, the texture is soft, chewy, and overall so delicious.
The last step will be whipping up a quick buttercream frosting to pipe on fun lettering to complete the conversation heart vibes going on here!
Hooray for melted sugar-free white chocolate chips!
This simple white chocolate icing is made from melted white chocolate ChocZero chips. This sugar-free icing takes these keto sugar cookies to the next level! I love how ChocZero white chocolate tastes so much like traditional chocolate chips, but is completely keto-friendly and sweetened with monk fruit!
When you melt these chips and add a little bit of food coloring, it becomes a super easy and genius way to top keto sugar cookies- yippee!
Want to grab some of these ChocZero chips?! Here’s how to save:
ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips, in White Chocolate $5.99
Use promo code HIP2KETO for 10% off at checkout
Final cost just $5.40!
Tips for baking the best conversation heart keto sugar cookies:
- You’ll notice that your keto sugar cookie dough will be more fragile than traditional dough so be sure to refrigerate it well so it’s super cold. You’ll also want to use coconut flour to dust both the rolling surface and rolling pin. For even more non-stick power, line a baking sheet with parchment paper before laying out the cookies for baking.
- Remembering that the cookie dough is fragile, be sure to let the cookies completely cool on the cookie sheet before moving them to a cooling rack. This is an important step so that the cookies don’t fall apart.
- When melting the white chocolate chips, only microwave 15 seconds at a time until just melted and smooth. I actually ruined a bag by microwaving for too long, so learn from my mistake. 😂
- For the pastel-colored icing, I used the back of a spoon to spread evenly. For the red lettering, you’ll want to have a pastry bag with a thin tip on hand.
Conversation Heart Keto Sugar Cookies
yield: 24 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
cook time: 7 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 22 MINUTES
These buttery keto cut-out sugar cookies get topped with a rich white chocolate icing for a delicious Valentine's Day treat.
For the sugar cookies:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granular sugar replacement (such as Swerve granular)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
For the icing:
- 1 bag ChocZero white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- food coloring in a few colors (I used purple, pink, & yellow)
for the red buttercream frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar substitute (such as Swerve confectioners)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon whipping cream
- a few drops of red food coloring
These look so similar to conversation heart candies, don’t they!?
I LOVE how they turned out so much, and these would be so fun to make for your Valentine. I also love that they taste amazing too! The soft, chewy texture of the keto sugar cookies with the melted chocolate glaze is an excellent combo! This is such an awesome keto dessert. Enjoy!
My teammate Jenna also baked these keto sugar cookies and this is her reaction:
How fun are these?! What a cool recipe – I love how these turned out! These are so totally spot-on for sugar cookie flavor; you can’t even tell they are keto! I love that it uses a combination of almond and coconut flour, as well as almond and vanilla extract! It has that classic sugar cookie flavor and consistency.
For the frosting, the ChocZero chips melt easily and smoothly. The kids and I had a blast decorating the cookies with it. I couldn’t find my tiny tip for my pastry bag, so I cut off the corner tip of a sandwich bag instead and it worked great!