What Should I Order at Red Robin? Keto Dining Guide
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Ready for some Red Robin?
Red Robin offers an extremely basic nutrition and dining guide, so it helps to have a little keto help from someone who’s been where you are when you’re wondering what to order.
The basic tenets of successful Red Robin ordering:
- Avoid buns, wraps, breading, tortilla chips, and french fries.
- When in doubt, leave condiments out.
- For drinks, stick with water, unsweetened iced tea, or Diet Coke products.
- Refer to the nutrition guide.
- Join the Red Robin Royalty Club and get a free Birthday burger, exclusive deals, and a free tenth burger for every nine burgers you buy!
Here’s how to order keto at this amazing burger palace of deliciousness:
Lunch & Dinner
“I’ll have the sandwich please, without the bun and…”
When all else fails, you cannot go wrong with a meat patty, some cheese, and a lettuce wrap. Still, if you’re looking for something with a bit more pizzazz, options here abound, from Tavern menu burgers to their Finest and other sandwiches.
Red Robin’s Finest Burgers:
- Black & Bleu: Ask for the mushrooms and onions on the side and use sparingly. Skip the bleu cheese sauce (keep the bleu cheese, though).
- Citrus Harissa Salmon: Skip the breaded lemon wheels, aioli, and tomatoes. Ask for mayo if you’d like sauce.
- The Marco Pollo: Skip the sundried tomato spread.
Fire-Grilled Gourmet Burgers:
- Red Robin Gourmet Cheeseburger: Skip the relish and keep everything else.
- Bleu Ribbon: Nix the onion straws and chipotle mayo.
- Keep it Simple: Perfect as is! It’s basically a meat patty…
- Grilled Turkey: Omit the chipotle mayo and keep everything else.
- Royal Red Robin: Perfect as is! Enjoy!
- Guacamole Bacon: Perfect as is! If you’re concerned about the guacamole, ask for it on the side, but I’ve had this numerous times and I’ve never had issues.
- The Wedgie Burger: This is essentially the guacamole bacon burger in a lettuce wrap. It’s perfect as is, but you can eliminate the purple onions to save a few carbohydrates.
Red’s Tavern Menu:
- Pig Out Style Tavern: Perfect as is. Down the hatch!
- Red’s Tavern: Skip the Secret Tavern Sauce.
Other Fun (Not) on a Bun:
- Bruschetta Chicken: Ask for the salsa and aioli on the side and use sparingly. Everything else looks great!
- Simply Grilled Chicken: This is essentially a plain chicken breast patty.
- California Chicken: Way more fun than the plain grilled chicken, keep everything here, though you can ask for the guacamole on the side, just to be safe.
“…And to that sandwich, can you add…”
What can you put on your sandwiches? These are estimations based on numbers pulled from other restaurant menus. Pick from these:
- Mayonnaise: 100 calories | 10g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Mustard: 5 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Pickles (2): 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Onion: 0 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Lettuce: 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Tomato (1 slice): 5 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Bacon (1 strip): 70 calories | 4.5g fat | 1g carbs | 5g protein
- Guacamole: 50 calories | 4.5g fat | 3g carbs | 1g fiber | 1g protein
- American Cheese (2 slices): 120 calories | 10g fat | 1g carb | 6g protein
“Instead of fries, can I get a side salad, please, no dressing.”
You could also opt for steamed vegetables, but the salad is fun and fresh (and lower carb).
- Side Salad, no dressing: 20 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 3g fiber | 1g protein
- Steamed Broccoli: 30 calories | 5g fat | 6g carbs | 3g fiber | 3g protein
- Avo-Cobb-O Salad: Skip the garlic toast.
- Simply Grilled Chicken Salad: Perfect as is.
- House Salad: Omit the croutons.
- Mighty Caesar: Nix the garlic toast.
- Southwest Salad: Hold the beans, corn, fried jalapeno coins, and the crispy tortilla strips.
- Balsamic Vinegar (3 oz): 160 calories | 14g fat | 9g carbs | 0g protein
- Bleu Cheese (3 oz): 470 calories | 51g fat | 1g carbs | 3g protein
- Caesar (3 oz): 530 calories | 57g fat | 5g carbs | 3g protein
- Italian (3 oz): 330 calories | 33g fat | 9g carbs | 0g protein
- Ranch (3 oz): 390 calories | 40g fat | 6g carbs | 2g protein
- Salsa-Ranch (3 oz): 240 calories | 24g fat | 6g carbs | 2g protein
“I’d like the Ensenada Grilled Chicken Platter. No chips, and dressing on the side.”
Not in the mood for a burger? Try the Ensenasa Grilled Chicken Platter instead! Just ask for them to omit the tortilla strips and ask for the dressing and salsa on the side. Other entrees:
- Sear-ious Salmon: Nix the coleslaw.
- Prime Rib Dip: This is seriously good! Just skip the coleslaw.
As you can see, with a little due diligence, you can enjoy lunch wherever your adventures take you! Enjoy!