This Keto Chaffle Tastes Like Wonder Bread (& Contains NO Cheese!)
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Savor your keto sandwiches with our Wonder bread chaffle recipe!
Are you missing delicious sliced bread? 🙋♀️
Well, here is the next best thing to kick those carb cravings to the curb. Introducing a keto Wonder bread chaffle that has the soft texture of classic Wonder bread without all the carbs! Even better, for those of you who don’t like to consume a ton of dairy, this chaffle contains NO cheese. Yep, no cheese at all.
This is the perfect keto bread that will likely become a staple in your household. Check out all of our keto bread recipes!
Here is the magic keto chaffle maker.
Save yourself time searching the stores for the most popular small kitchen appliance on the market right now, and snag this Dash mini waffle maker on Amazon. This popular appliance has various shapes, styles, and colors available at different retailers. Sometimes, they’ll even be on sale for less than $10.
Keto Wonder Bread Chaffle
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 2 MINUTES
cook time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 4 MINUTES
A keto-friendly chaffle that has the soft texture of Wonder bread minus the cheese.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
Tips for making the best Wonder bread chaffle:
- The coconut flour doesn’t have an overwhelming coconut taste. However, if you don’t like it, you can swap in 4 tablespoons of Carbquik in place of the 2 tablespoons of coconut flour. If you’d like to use almond flour, note that it’s a 3:1 ratio with coconut flour, so you’d use 6 tablespoons for that substitution! Some readers even used 0-carb protein powder as a substitution.
- These are great for keto sandwiches, but you could also add some sugar-free syrup and make them as keto waffles!
- No Dash maker? No problem! You can use a regular waffle maker, but the size of the chaffles will be bigger.
- This bread is freezable.❄️ Simply wrap the pieces in plastic wrap, put them in a Ziploc freezer bag, and store them in the freezer.
Everyone’s going to love these chaffles!
This bread was such a win for the family that even my oldest son asked for a keto bread sandwich for school lunch! Club sandwiches, grilled cheese, and sooo many more ways to enjoy a Wonder bread chaffle. 🤤
Here’s what my Hip sidekick Emily had to say about these Wonder bread chaffles:
“These turned out amazing! I was a little skeptical about making a chaffle without cheese but they taste just like bread! I didn’t notice any coconut flavor at all. They made a great sandwich!”
Have a sweet tooth? You’ll love these blueberry chaffles!