Sugar-Free Jello Jigglers | Fun Easter Treat!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It doesn’t get much more delightful than sugar-free jello jigglers!
A classic treat gone keto!
Not only does this sugar-free Jello jiggler copycat recipe replace sugar with stevia, but it also replaces plain old gelatin with grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hide gelatin. This takes old-school Jello and elevates it from a tasty treat to an incredibly wholesome source of my very dear friend, collagen. Woohoo!
What the heck is grass-fed bovine hide gelatin??
The bovine hide is basically a fancy way of saying cowhide or beef hide. What’s incredible about grass-fed bovine hide is the tremendous amount of collagen it contains. Once cattle have been harvested for meat, the cowhides (skins) are removed and then treated to obtain the collagen protein.
Bovine hide gelatin promotes a healthy gut. It’s slow to digest and adds a beneficial coating to the small intestine which helps heal the gut as well as aid in the digestion of foods that your body may not be used to. Additionally, the amino acids found in the collagen-dense bovine hide are said to support strong joints and bones as well as help to improve the strength of hair, skin, and nails.
Many believe that adding extra collagen to your diet slows the aging process by reducing wrinkles and dryness. Yes, please!!
These treats are not only better for your family, but they’re also a blast to make!
Not only are these sugar-free Jello jigglers good for you and yours, but they’re also super fun to make! With cute and easy-to-use silicone molds, you and your kiddos can formulate your favorite colors to go with your chosen molds. My kids really enjoy popping the jigglers out of the molds. And I have to agree, it’s oddly satisfying! 🤣
Hip tips for making the best sugar free Jello jigglers:
- I absolutely LOVE my Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin! (PS—Vital Proteins has many other products worth checking out!) If desired, you may substitute the beef gelatin with 2 packs (7g/ea.) of standard powdered gelatin instead.
- I purchased my Easter silicone molds as well as my everyday silicone molds from Amazon. They’re awesome and affordable!
- Regarding adding keto sweetener to your sugar-free Jello jigglers, if you’re not a fan of stevia, I highly recommend allulose as a fabulous alternative (I buy allulose in bulk from Keystone Pantry). Moreover, I actually prefer the jigglers with 3-4 tablespoons allulose (instead of stevia) if you happen to have it on hand.
- Also worth mentioning, erythritol and xylitol have a tendency to crystallize once refrigerated—I would avoid them for this recipe if you want clear, shiny jigglers.
Sugar-Free Jello Jigglers
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
A low carb version of the classic Jello treat!
- 1 cup Zevia brand soda, flavor of your choice
- 1 teaspoon pure fruit extract, variety of your choice — I like lemon & strawberry (optional for added flavor)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia, adjust to taste (some brands may vary) OR 3-4 tablespoons allulose (read Hip Tips)
- food coloring (optional for color)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grass-fed beef gelatin
Easy peasy to make!
These yummy, sugar-free Jello jigglers will be a hit with your kiddos! I love making a batch to surprise mine when they get home from school.
Need more kid-friendly keto recipes? Try these fun pigs in a blanket!