Cheesy Low Carb Pizza Bowl: An Easy Weeknight Skillet Meal!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Compile a quick keto pizza bowl using ground meat and delicious pizza toppings as a low-carb dinner recipe!
Pizza is on the menu again, this time in a low-carb bowl!
We’ve got a genius way to serve pizza toppings with melted cheese for dinner by making pizza bowls! Chopped veggies and ground sausage get cooked together in a skillet first. Then you can build your own protein-heavy pizza bowl with cheese, pepperoni, olives, fresh basil, and any other toppings you’d like.
Feast your eyes all on of the best keto pizza recipes!
The result is a mouthwatering hearty bowl of pizza toppings and ground sausage! YUM! My family was super excited to dive into this easy weeknight meal. It’s amazing how it tasted so much like pizza and I didn’t even really miss the crust.
I spotted this idea on Instagram, and am so glad I decided to try it at home!
Sausage and Veggies Pizza Bowls
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Ground sausage and veggie bowls with melted pizza toppings as a hearty meal.
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 tablespoons sliced olives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 8 large slices pepperoni, cut into slices
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Tips for making this easy pizza bowls recipe:
- Any ground meat will essentially work for this yummy idea. Next time I am going to try this with ground chicken or ground beef for variation in the protein.
- This would be a great low-carb meal prep idea for weekday lunches or dinners. Have the veggies and meat mixture cooked and build a bowl during the week!
- I used the large slices of Boar’s Head pepperoni, but feel free to use the smaller-sized ones instead!
Yum! This tastes like a crustless pizza, and I am here for it!
I love that you can customize your bowl with veggies and odds and ends from your fridge. Next time I may add some feta cheese or jalapenos. This is honestly one of the best and easiest meals I have fixed in a while!