Make These Easy P.F. Chang’s Copycat Lettuce Wraps… Keto Style!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Our delicious keto lettuce wraps with Hoisin sauce taste just like the ones from PF Chang’s… but low carb!
Love Asian-inspired lettuce wraps?
Lettuce wraps are my very favorite thing to order at PF Chang’s restaurant. Today I’m sharing a delicious keto-friendly version you can easily make at home that tastes super similar to the yummy, popular restaurant version – along with a keto hoisin sauce! I love these as an appetizer to share or as a light lunch idea.
Tips for making the best P.F. Chang’s Copycat keto lettuce wraps:
- Make your own Hoisin sauce! Hoisin sauce is commonly used in lettuce wraps, and it’s absolutely delicious but sadly it’s full of sugar and carbs. Luckily, we made a similar and very easy homemade version using keto-friendly ingredients featuring Swerve brown sugar sweetener instead of sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger paste, and natural almond butter.
- I love that this is essentially a one-skillet recipe! After the sauce is mixed up, brown the ground turkey and sauté the chopped mushrooms and green onion. I also added chopped crunchy jicama instead of water chestnuts to save on carbs. It added some great texture!
- You can, of course, use ground chicken or pork instead of turkey. It’s up to you, but we enjoyed the turkey – so yum!
- Butter lettuce is amazing for wraps! Feel free to use iceberg or another lettuce if preferred, but I really enjoyed using a clamshell of living butter lettuce because of the perfectly shaped cups. All you have to do is cut the stem at the base, and then carefully peel off the leaves to keep them intact.
PF Chang's Copycat Lettuce Wraps (+ Keto Hoisin Sauce)
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Ground turkey gets drizzled with a sweet and savory low carb sesame ginger sauce and served inside butter lettuce cups for a delicious Asian-inspired dish all will enjoy!
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon keto-friendly sweetener (such as Swerve, brown)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter, natural
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- head of living butter lettuce
I love the flavors of these keto lettuce wraps!
These are so satisfying and DELISH, you have to give ’em a try if you’re craving lettuce wraps! We really enjoyed the sweet and savory Asian-inspired flavors like ginger and sesame oil. Plus, I definitely feel like keto and non-keto eaters alike would enjoy these light and flavorful lettuce wraps.
Overall, this is a YUMMY idea, and such a great-tasting substitute for the high-carb restaurant-style lettuce wraps.
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say about these lettuce wraps:
“Wow! Now this is a meal I want again and again! I cannot say enough good things about this dish! It is so tasty and filling and was simple to throw together! Just a skillet for the meat mixture and a bowl for the sauce and you’re good to go!”
This easy cauliflower fried rice recipe is delicious!