Keto Shamrock Shake – McDonald’s Copycat Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This iconic shake only comes around once a year… until now.
Thank your lucky clover! Now you can slurp down an epic, minty McDonald’s-inspired keto Shamrock Shake whenever your heart desires a sweet treat! ☘️
Pick up a medium Shamrock Shake at your local McDonald’s and you also pick up 91g of net carbs—YIKES! I bet you’re not feeling so lucky anymore?! Have no fear, our recipe offers all the glorious flavors of the McDonald’s version with only 4g net carbs per serving! Yippie!
Tips for whipping up the BEST keto Shamrock Shake:
- Want a caffeinated twist? Freeze leftover coffee in an ice cube tray to use the frozen “coffee cubes” in place of regular ice for a dynamite mint frappuccino! Add a squirt of sugar-free chocolate syrup, and it’s just like you’re enjoying a Starbucks Thin Mint Frapp but without all of the carbs—YUM!
- You could also add in some chunks of sugar-free dark chocolate to make a mint chocolate chip version of this keto shake.
Keto Shamrock Shake (McDonald's Copycat)
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
This refreshing and sweet shake has all the delicious minty flavor without the carbs!
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup ice
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz.) cream cheese, block variety
- 3-4 tablespoons erythritol, confectioners (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract (adjust according to desired mintiness)
- xanthan gum, optional (for extra thickening)
- green food coloring, optional
- keto whipped cream for topping, optional
Even the kiddos will adore this sugar-free shake!
Everyone will slurp up this keto shamrock shake the moment it’s finished blending. What a fun way to celebrate springtime with a sugar-free and refreshing treat. Enjoy!
Check out what my teammate Taylor had to say about this keto shake:
“I’m not that big of a shake person, but this was spectacular! The mint flavor was delicious and refreshing, but not too overwhelming and the consistency of the shake was perfectly thick and creamy. I can’t believe how low-carb this dessert drink is! I made one for my kids too and they drank it in less than 10 minutes!
I initially went with 3 tablespoons of erythritol confectioners but added in a 4th tablespoon to make it just a smidge sweeter and it tasted fantastic!”
Love copycat recipes? Try our keto Wendy’s chili knockoff!