Make This Low-Carb Jello Jigglers Copycat Recipe
Grass-fed gelatin jigglers—a healthified version of the classic treat.
Not only does this low-carb Jello jiggler copycat recipe replace sugar with stevia, it replaces plain old gelatin with grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hide gelatin. This takes old school Jello and elevates it from a tasty treat to an incredibly wholesome source of my very dear friend, collagen. Woohoo!
Fun that’s also good for your family!
Not only are these gelatin jigglers good for you and yours, but they’re also super fun to make! With cute and easy to use silicone molds, you and your kiddos can formulate your favorite colors to go with your chosen molds. My kids really enjoy popping the jigglers out of the molds. And I have to agree, it’s oddly satisfying! 🤣
- I absolutely LOVE my Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin! (PS—Vital Proteins has many other products worth checking out!)
- I purchased my Easter silicone molds as well as my everyday silicone molds from Amazon. They’re awesome and affordable!
- Regarding added sweetener for your keto jigglers… If you’re not a fan of stevia, I highly recommend allulose as a fabulous alternative (I buy allulose in bulk from Keystone Pantry). Moreover, I actually prefer the jigglers with 3-4 tablespoons allulose (instead of stevia) if you happen to have it on hand. Also worth mentioning, erythritol and xylitol have a tendency to crystallize once refrigerated—I would avoid them for this recipe if you want clear, shiny jigglers.
Low-Carb Copycat Jello Jigglers
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
A healthified version of the classic treat!
- 1 cup Zevia brand soda, flavor of your choice
- 1 tsp pure fruit extract, variety of your choice—I like lemon & strawberry (optional for added flavor)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia, adjust to taste (some brands may vary) OR 3-4 tablespoons allulose (read Hip Tips)
- food coloring (optional for color)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grass-fed beef gelatin–I recommend Vital Proteins brand (If desired, you may substitute with 2 packs (7g/ea.) standard powdered gelatin)
What the heck is grass-fed bovine hide gelatin??
Bovine hide is basically a fancy way of saying cowhide or beef hide. What’s incredible about grass-fed bovine hide is the tremendous amount of collagen it contains. Once cattle have been harvested for meat, the cow hides (skins) are removed and then treated to obtain the collagen protein.
Bovine hide gelatin promotes a healthy gut. It’s slow to digest and adds a beneficial coating to the small intestine which helps heal the gut as well as aid in the digestion of foods that your body may not be used to. Additionally, the amino acids found in the collagen-dense bovine hide are said to support strong joints and bones as well as help to improve the strength of hair, skin, and nails.
Many believe that adding extra collagen to your diet slows the aging process by reducing wrinkles and dryness. Yes, please!!
Need more kid-friendly keto recipes? Try these fun pigs in a blanket!