Keto Chicken Parmesan with Pesto Zoodles
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This is the mouth-watering low-carb keto chicken parmesan that you have been craving!
This flavorful chicken dinner is sure to be a family favorite!
Our crispy low-carb keto chicken parmesan is covered with hearty marinara sauce & melted mozzarella served atop a bed of pesto-infused zucchini noodles. It’s undoubtedly delicious and undeniably achievable!
It doesn’t take a pro to make this restaurant-quality dish either. It’s a favored weeknight dinner in my house, even with picky kiddos so I’m happy to whip it up when asked. I’m certain it will be a hit in your home, too!
Wow your dinner guests with this keto chicken parmesan recipe!
Dinner parties with friends are super fun, BUT they can also be seriously stressful. I totally get it—meal prep, cooking, cleaning, etc. It’s a lot of time and multitasking. Fortunately, this keto chicken parmesan and pesto zoodle recipe is a perfect meal for dinner guests.
Spiralize the zoodles well in advance and use fresh store-bought pesto to save time. Pre-prepare the “breading” mix earlier in the day to help prep move quickly. Later, while the chicken bakes, there’s a window of time to tidy the kitchen and wash the prep dishes. All these little things help manage dinner-hosting anxieties. 👏
Tips for making the best keto chicken parmesan over pesto zoodles:
- Save time by preparing the zucchini noodles earlier in the day, then just cover and refrigerate. I recommend removing your zoodles from the fridge when you begin the chicken, allowing them time to come to room temperature.
- Because zucchini has a high moisture content, always serve your zoodles immediately after they’ve been tossed in sauce.
- I prefer using the thicker noodle blade of my Spiralizer. Thicker zoodles remain “al dente” and are less likely to get mushy.
- Don’t forget to pound your meat to about 1/2-inch thick. This helps the chicken cook evenly.
- I use a meat thermometer to avoid overcooked (or undercooked) chicken. I own the ThermoPro Wireless Digital Thermometer. It’s fantastic!
- Don’t own a spiralizer? You can buy frozen zoodles at the grocery store! Two 12-ounce packages work great for this recipe.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Over Pesto Zoodles
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
This colorful, restaurant-quality dish boasts a variety of delicious flavors!
For the zoodles:
- 4 medium to medium-large zucchini (8-10 inches long)
- 3/4 cup (7 oz.) prepared pesto sauce (I like Costco Kirkland brand)
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts, fresh (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 (3 oz.) bag pork rinds, finely crushed or use pork rind crumbs
- 1 1/4 cup (5 oz.) fine-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce (like Rao's or Ragu Simply)
- 8 oz. block-style whole milk mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 even slices (like Polly-O or Galbani)
- Shaved or shredded parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, gently chopped for topping (optional)
Are you drooling yet?
This meal plates up beautifully! I highly recommend adding freshly chopped basil to each serving, as it elevates the presentation to a whole new level. And don’t forget to set the table with a few extras like shaved parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes, and additional marinara sauce. For the wine, select a good Merlot or Pinot Noir. Enjoy!
My Hip sidekick Shane made this recipe and here’s what he had to say:
“I have been dying to create my own chicken parmesan for some time, and this recipe came at such an opportune time — it’s not only a fun one to put together (highly recommend doing this with friends or family), but one that is just SO tasty! The combination of the crunchy pork rinds and the juicy chicken pairs so well with the distinctive flavor of the pesto in the zoodles. Would recommend it to everyone: not only those that are keto-conscious but anyone who likes delicious, nutritious, and super flavorful meals!”
Add a dessert course with this delicious low-carb cheesecake!