Keto Sushi Rolls… That Actually Taste Like Traditional Sushi!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Calling all keto sushi lovers, I have something for you! 🤗
Yes, you read that right. I have a solution for all you keto eaters who are missing getting your sushi fix. Even though sushi traditionally is filled with rice, we’ve swapped it out with a keto-friendly favorite in order to perfect our keto sushi recipe and keep things low-carb.
Seafood doesn’t get enough love on the keto diet, even though fish has loads of nutrients while having little to no carbs! Tuna, smoked salmon, crab meat… the options are up to you!
The real star of the show is the sticky cauliflower rice — even my non-keto family couldn’t tell the difference between the veggie rice vs. the standard sushi rice!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- If you are a sushi lover, you know there are a ton of filling options to choose from. I did a basic roll with some smoked salmon, though you can add your favorite keto vegetables and any fish of your choice.
- After you’ve made your sushi roll, I found it best to chill it in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes before slicing. When slicing your roll, start in the center, as you’re less likely to have the veggies and fish push out at the ends.
- Let’s talk seaweed! Sushi Nori is roasted seaweed that comes in sheets, perfect for rolling up a sushi roll.
- If you do not have a sushi rolling mat, no worries! I didn’t either and I just used a sheet of plastic wrap and it worked just fine.
Keto Sushi Rolls
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
A keto twist on the traditional Japanese delicacy thanks to sticky cauliflower rice.
- 1 cup of cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet sushi nori
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons wild caught crab meat
- 1 cucumber (you will use about 6 thinly sliced 3-4" strips)
- 1 avocado (you will use half and slice it thin)
- 3 tablespoons cold smoked deli sliced salmon
- Tamari and wasabi, for dipping
This sushi roll was absolutely perfect, so I’m excited to hear about your sushi creations!
Not only does keto sushi hit the spot when you’ve got a craving for the healthy delicacy, but it’s also such a fun experience rolling your own at home.
Next time, I’m going to get my whole family into the kitchen to create the sushi roll of their dreams and teach them how to roll it up!
Love seafood like me? This no-fail baked salmon is AMAZING!