Keto Loaded Zucchini Skins
Love loaded potato skins?
You know the tasty ones with all that melted cheese, bacon, sour cream, and onions? If so, you need to try this keto loaded zucchini skins recipe!
This is a must-try appetizer that’s both super easy to make and also insanely delicious! Plus, this would be an excellent party snack to share with friends. Just be warned – this tray of yummy-ness will disappear fast, so consider doubling the recipe for a larger (or hungrier) crowd!
Easy ingredients & easy baking method!
We essentially want to use the skin portion of the zucchini. Simply hollow them out, bake in the oven, and then top with cheese and bacon. After another turn in the oven, top with sour cream and green onions, and you’ll have some delicious melted bites of loaded zucchini heaven!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- If you have one, try using a melon baller to remove the insides out of the zucchini. If not, just carefully use a spoon.
- Not sure what to do with the zucchini pulp? Try making these cheesy zucchini bites! YUM.
- For easy cleanup, line your baking sheet with parchment paper first.
Loaded Zucchini Skins
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 16 MINUTES
total time: 31 MINUTES
Swap zucchini for potato skins to make a DELICIOUS appetizer featuring bacon, cheese, and sour cream!
- 3 large fresh zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 pieces of bacon, cooked, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Brilliant bites of bacon, cheese, and zucchini!
There’s nothing to not love here! Even my kids, who aren’t huge zucchini fans, enjoyed these. Loaded zucchini skins would definitely appeal to both keto and non-keto eaters, in my opinion!