Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl | Easy One Pot Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto egg roll in a bowl will become a weekday staple!
Move over, Panda Express!
Missing Asian food while living a low-carb life? Check out this keto Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe featuring Asian cuisine-inspired flavors, sliced veggies, and ground pork! And what’s more, this yummy, filling meal uses only one pan!
I used a head of cabbage and just sliced it up small. However, to save on time, feel free to substitute with a prepackaged bag of coleslaw mix (though you’ll want to look for ones without shredded carrots to keep it ultra-low carb).
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Forget high-carb traditional egg rolls, try this yummy and low-carb egg roll in a bowl instead!
- 1 pound ground pork (you could also sub with ground turkey, ground beef etc.)
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 5 cups of cabbage, shredded, or spiralized (or one bag of coleslaw mix approx. 12-14 oz.)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Hip recipe tips when making Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- Make this dish stretch by serving the pork and veggies over some cauliflower rice. You could also add an egg or two for even more protein.
- No ground pork? You can try swapping out the protein for ground turkey or chicken, or even nix it for a vegetarian version!
- You can easily add and subtract ingredients to taste. If you like your food a little spicy, feel free to add some sriracha for that added kick! 🙌
Who needs takeout when you’ve got this easy recipe to make at home?
This was a hit with the whole family — yes, even the non-keto kids! I think next time, I’ll go the route of an authentic Asian takeout experience by doubling the batch to have plenty of leftovers to reheat the next day. That always happens to us when ordering takeout! 😂
A couple of our hip team members tried this dish, and here’s what they had to say:
I used the bag-of-coleslaw-mix hack and it worked out wonderfully! The bag I used did contain some carrots, but a very small amount so I think it would totally work in a pinch if you can’t find carrot-less coleslaw. I also served mine over cauliflower rice, which really did make it go further. I love that this is a one-pan dish and it’s so simple with only four steps! Using the coleslaw mix made it even easier! – Jenna
This was a very delicious dish exactly as is. We added sriracha at the end, which is just another option if you like yours spicy. The fresh ginger, garlic, and green onions add such a fresh flavor too. Very solid, easy-peasy recipe! – Angie
Love one pan meals? Try our keto Kung Pao Chicken!