Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
Move over Panda Express!
Have you missed having Asian food while living the low carb life? Check out this keto Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe featuring Asian cuisine-inspired flavors, sliced veggies, and ground pork! And what’s more, this yummy, filling meal uses only one pan!
I used a head of cabbage and just sliced it up real small. However, to save on time, feel free to substitute with a prepackaged bag of coleslaw mix (though you’ll want to look for ones without shredded carrots to keep it ultra low carb).
Hip tips for making keto Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- Make this dish stretch by serving the pork and veggies over some cauliflower rice. You could also add an egg or two for even more protein.
- No ground pork? You can try swapping out the protein for ground turkey or chicken, or even nix it for a vegetarian version!
- You can easily add and subtract ingredients to taste. If you like your food a little spicy, feel free to add some sriracha for that added kick! 🙌
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Forget high-carb traditional egg rolls, try this yummy and low-carb egg roll in a bowl instead!
- 1 pound ground pork (you could also sub with ground turkey, ground beef etc.)
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 5 cups of cabbage, shredded, or spiralized (or one bag of coleslaw mix approx. 12-14 oz.)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Salt & pepper
Who needs takeout when you’ve got this easy recipe to make at home?
This was a hit with the whole family — yes, even the non-keto kids! I think next time, I’ll go the route of an authentic Asian takeout experience by doubling the batch to have plenty of leftovers to reheat the next day. That always happens for us when ordering takeout! 😂
A few of our hip team members tried this dish, and here’s what they had to say:
I used the bag-of-coleslaw-mix hack and it worked out wonderfully! The bag I used did contain some carrots, but a very small amount so I think it would totally work in a pinch if you can’t find carrot-less coleslaw. I also served mine over cauliflower rice, which really did make it go farther. I love that this is a one-pan dish and it’s so simple with only four steps! Using the coleslaw mix made it even easier! – Jenna
This was a very delicious dish exactly as is. We added sriracha at the end, which is just another option if you like yours spicy. The fresh ginger, garlic, and green onions add such a fresh flavor too. Very solid, easy peasy recipe! – Angie
I made this recipe with ground turkey and bagged shredded cabbage. I added mushrooms to the meat and let them soften a bit before adding the cabbage. I served it over cauliflower rice (like Jenna did) to stretch the recipe a bit. I also ended up adding a bit more soy sauce and salt at the end and topped it off with sriracha as suggested. I thought it tasted great and my family really enjoyed it! – Jami
Love one pan meals? Try our keto Kung Pao Chicken!