Best Ever Keto Donuts Recipe (Less than 2 Grams of Net Carbs)
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Craving donuts since you’ve gone keto? Our keto donuts recipe will have your sweet tooth begging for more!
Missing donuts since you’ve gone keto?
I’ve been on the hunt for a donut replacement that’s keto-friendly with no sugar added. Friends, I think I’ve found the answer to your donut-loving cravings. Time to indulge in the best keto cake donut recipe!
This yummy keto donut recipe clocks in at just 2 net carbs per donut! WOOHOO! It’s the perfect cake donut that you can make to have on hand for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. I love that the ingredients are simple and the taste is a home run!
See how easy it is to make these keto donuts by watching the video below.
*Important note: In the video above, we use 4 – 1/2 cup scoops of almond flour to get the 2 cups total the recipe calls for.
Here are a few recipe tips to keep in mind when making keto donuts:
- After searching for the best donut molds, I came across these silicone molds and purchased them after reading all the amazing reviews on Amazon. The donuts popped right out without having to grease the sides!
- If you are craving chocolate, you can add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa to your dry ingredients to make a delicious chocolate cake keto donut.
- I’m a big fan of using Lakanto Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener. I used it for the frosting and feel like it doesn’t have a strong cooling aftertaste like some other keto sweeteners. You can grab it directly from Lakanto and save 15% off your order when you use promo code HIP2KETO at checkout! Note that any kind of powdered keto sweetener will work.
- If you have kiddos who love sprinkled donuts (or if you love sprinkles too!), Amazon has several different options available. I also like Perfect Keto sprinkles, which you can score for 20% off with promo code HIP2KETO20!
- If you can’t find butter vanilla extract, you can use 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of butter extract, or just use 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Your tastebuds won't believe you're staying keto after biting into one of these delectable donuts!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener (we used Lakanto Golden)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons butter vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Topping:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons keto granular sweetener
- 1/3 cup powdered monkfruit sweetener (we used Lakanto)
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (or almond milk for dairy-free version)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (optional, for chocolate icing)
As you can see, you don’t have to give up your favorite treats, you just have to find a way to make them low carb! Try this yummy keto donut recipe and let me know what you think.
Warning: You may have to hide these from the kiddos so you get to enjoy some of them yourself! 🤣
My sidekick Emily made these keto donuts and had this to say:
“I’ve never really been a donut person, but I think this recipe has converted me! These keto donuts are absolutely perfect. No guilt eating them with my morning cup of coffee. l also loved using the silicone molds, so fun!”
Also, here’s what my Hip sidekick Jenna had to say about these keto donuts:
“On my gosh, I’m not sure how you did it, but the whole house smelled like donuts while these were baking. This is such a fun creation and they came out not only beautiful looking, but they were also so flavorful! I never knew donut molds were a thing, but I am so happy they are.
They were easy to make and the whole crew loved them in all their low-carb, sugarless goodness! I will absolutely be making these again soon.”
Make these delicious keto cream cheese brownies next!