Bake These Soft and Gooey Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love warm cinnamon rolls for breakfast?
Well, luckily you don’t have to miss out on rich and gooey cinnamon rolls because you can make your own grain-free, sugar-free, and DELICIOUS keto cinnamon rolls right at home! Plus, they happen to be easy to make – I love recipes that are simple and yummy!
Low carb cinnamon would make such a terrific addition to any special occasion brunch and are perfect to bake during the holidays.
Keep in mind, keto dough won’t rise as much as traditional rolls. They may turn out a little flatter than expected, but if you have a craving for cinnamon rolls these will taste great, and have traditional cinnamon roll vibes for sure!
Start with some easy-to-make fat head dough!
I made a batch of this awesome almond flour and mozzarella cheese fat head dough that we usually make for pizza! Yep, all I did was add some baking powder, sweetener, and vanilla extract to the dough, and it works great for quick and easy keto cinnamon rolls.
Simple process for baking cinnamon rolls!
Roll out the fat head dough like you would making traditional cinnamon rolls, and then add melted butter, your fave keto sweetener, and cinnamon. I chose to use brown sugar Swerve for the inside of my rolls and they turned out so YUM! You can use your preferred sweetener instead, but I love how the Swerve caramelized nicely just like traditional rolls.
Tips for making the best keto cinnamon rolls:
- One tip I have to make sure these rolls will rise as much as possible is to make sure your baking powder isn’t expired.
- Almond flour dough can be sticky sometimes, so I recommend refrigerating this dough for at least 15 minutes, so it can dry out a little in the fridge before rolling it out.
- Roll out your rectangle, and note that the dough should be a little thicker than you would roll for the pizza, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Once the keto cinnamon roll is rolled up, cut into about nine one-inch pieces, and arrange in your largest pie pan, or a 2-quart casserole dish so they have a little room to rise.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Rich and gooey cinnamon rolls that are sugar-free and grain-free!
For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granular erythritol (such as Swerve, granular)
For the Cinnamon Filling:
- 1/3 cup erythritol brown (such as Swerve, brown)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon or more powdered erythritol (such as Swerve, confectioners)
Rich & gooey cinnamon rolls!
Oh my goodness, these taste so dangerously YUM. The cream cheese frosting throws it over the top! If you love cinnamon rolls, you’ve gotta try these easy to make keto ones.
Such a great idea to make these if you’re having a sweet craving.
My teammate Taylor baked these keto cinnamon rolls and had this to say:
“These were absolutely delicious and made me feel like I was eating a regular cinnamon roll! I loved the texture of the dough and the amount of cinnamon and sugar substitute was just right. I could easily eat the cream cheese frosting by the spoonful, so, so yummy! My kids loved these too and asked for seconds!
As mentioned by Lina, my cinnamon rolls didn’t really rise a lot and ended up looking a little flat, but still super tasty and delicious.”