This Keto Chinese Pork Egg Roll Soup is So Flavorful
This easy-to-make keto soup will satisfy your hunger for Chinese food!
Every once in a while I get a serious hankering for Chinese food… and that’s when I make this keto Chinese pork egg roll soup.
It’s a tasty union of pork, sesame, and ginger that really calms the craving. This soup is hearty and satisfying while keeping carbs low and flavors high. I really like to top mine with toasted sesame seeds, green onions, and a squirt of sriracha for an extra kick!
Recipe tips to keep in mind when making Keto Chinese Pork Egg Roll Soup:
- If you’re not a pork fan, feel free to substitute with ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Vegetarians, try using a combination of TVP and finely diced mushrooms in place of the ground pork. I also recommend adding in an extra tablespoon of sesame, avocado, or coconut oil.
Keto Egg Roll Soup
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
This easy to make keto soup really satisfies hunger for Chinese food!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin, short strips (about 1" long)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- small head green cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- green onions, chopped (optional for garnish)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- sriracha (optional for added heat)
The perfect one pot meal idea!
This soup is easy to make all in one pot, and smelled delicious from start to finish. The topping suggestions are perfect, too. I especially enjoyed the green onion. I also loved the generous serving size, it definitely filled me up!
Love soup?! Try our Cauliflower Bacon Chowder next!