Make Copycat Keto Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Crock-Pot!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Keto earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Fans of Chick-fil-A chicken tortilla soup will love this easy keto-friendly version to make at home!
Chick-fil-A chicken tortilla soup is so delicious, but it’s not keto!
If you are missing this popular soup, listen up! I have put together a low-carb recipe with similar vibes we can all enjoy while keeping it keto. Plus, this is an easy keto slow cooker recipe you can throw together in the morning and come home to a warm dinner later on.
Much like the original high-carb version, this hearty soup is spicy, creamy, and so comforting. It has lots of chicken and deep flavors. This cornbread extract gives it a light corn flavor as the original soup, minus the carbs!
What is the Chick-fil-A tortilla soup nutrition compared to ours?
Chick-fil-A nutritional values:
Amount Per Serving: 580 Calories | 16.0g Fat | 65g Total Carbs | 31g Fiber | 7g Sugar | 44g Protein
Hip2Keto nutritional values:
Amount Per Serving: 464 Calories | 18.0g Fat | 8.5g Total Carbs | 1.7g Fiber | 3.8g Sugar | 60.3g Protein
Is Chick-fil-A chicken tortilla soup gluten-free?
The restaurant version is not gluten-free it does have flour in it. Thankfully our version is gluten-free and quite a bit healthier. Instead of traditional tortilla strips, you can even consider topping it with a keto-friendly tortilla chip like Quest chips!
Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 20 MINUTES
A spicy creamy soup featuring chicken and green chiles. It's just like the popular Chick-fil-A version!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz. can diced hot chiles (or mild green chiles if desired)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornbread extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Topping idea: Quest protein chips
Tips for making keto Chick-fil-A chicken tortilla soup:
- The cornbread extract gives this soup a buttery corn flavor without all the carbs. While I encourage you to try it, it’s not a dealbreaker if you skip this ingredient. You can honestly flavor as desired and it’s easy to adapt to taste. Try the cornbread extract in our keto cornbread recipe too!
- This is a pretty spicy soup. I used a can of hot Hatch green chiles on purpose. You can easily sub in mild green chiles for a less spicy version.
- If you need a dairy-free version try using coconut milk instead of cream.
What a great low carb soup to put on the menu plan!
It’s hearty and super comforting. My husband doesn’t get excited about soup as a meal usually, and he enjoyed this one. Plus I love the simple ingredient list and it’s easy to make.
Here’s what my teammate Erica had to say about this soup:
“This was by far my favorite Mexican Crock-Pot dish! It truly has the BEST flavor and I absolutely love that it is a true Crock-Pot meal. You just toss everything in and go about your day. EASY! I chose to skip the cornbread oil extract (just because I didn’t have any on hand) and it was still so delish! I topped mine with avocado and red onion… YUM YUM YUM! This is a MUST TRY for Taco Tuesday!”